Blast From The Past!

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Destroyer of joysticks

42 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Yip..
Or the O and P key if you couldn't afford a joystick.

Shout outs also to Back to Skool, Skooldaze and Manic Miner

My Uncle destroyed the 100m World record........and my keyboard!

9.5seconds. think it still stands......unless liebfraumilch (it was the 80s!) was a banned substance?

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Progressing the early binatone and Atari systems. 

300px-CPC464.jpg

You'd wait 10 minutes for the game to load then it would f uk up.

I remember me and my mates during dinner time at school would nip along to Robertson's (I think. Not glens, Hutchison or Stepek.😉) on Gorgie Road.

We'd do a bit of programming along the lines of 10 print "f**k", 20 goto 10, run or whatever it was.

f**k would appear all over the garish green screen and a bloke who looked like ex aberdeen/dundee player Bobby Connor would chase us out the shop! 

6 hours ago, sjc said:

When was this?

Would have been around mid-90s.

I would also like to make it very clear that when I said "I had a day out to Stanley Mills" to smash some windows, I was referring to a friend of a friend, called Tony.  I was at home playing Psycho Fox and Lucky Dime Caper Starring Donald Duck (prior to going to Pizza Express or its equivalent at the time) and do not condone any form of vandalism.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Would have been around mid-90s.

I would also like to make it very clear that when I said "I had a day out to Stanley Mills" to smash some windows, I was referring to a friend of a friend, called Tony.  I was at home playing Psycho Fox and Lucky Dime Caper Starring Donald Duck (prior to going to Pizza Express or its equivalent at the time) and do not condone any form of vandalism.

Would that have been before or after the old Mill office was burnt down by my mates wee brother?

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

img_00012.jpg

You also never see this kind of gear at Glenshee any more.  Just folk with North Face clothes and things called helmets these days.

02sa7c-l-610x610-jacket-retro-vintage-sk 

you looked a helmet wearing gear like that.

I remember our first “network” (Nimbus computers) at school which connected computers in various parts of the building like some kind of magic. 

Then realising that you could seriously irritate Mr Lambert the IT teacher by slipping a small bit of paper into a network connection which would shut down the whole network. He would then have to go and check every single connection before rebooting the system. 

Ha ha fucking IT folk.

Hot Shot Hamish was the man. I think he played for Princes Park. I got a letter published, helpfully pointing out that the crowds in the background were excessive for a Scottish lower league side, which won me a tenner
Princes Park played in the Scottish Premier Division.

Hotshot was joined by Kevin 'Mighty' Mouse who managed to combine being a professional footballer with being a trainee doctor. Both were eventually transferred to Glengow Rangers who were managed by Ian McWhacker.

Hotshot's dad and his pet sheep McMutton were always somewhere in the background.