Blast From The Past!

9 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

In laws having a clear out before a house move and have delivered this little beauty.
Now educating my son who has been brought up on PlayStations and FIFA on the joys of proper computer football!

IMG_2076.jpg

Those wee twiddly knob controllers.  Mind we got a gun for ours once. 

12 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

In laws having a clear out before a house move and have delivered this little beauty.
Now educating my son who has been brought up on PlayStations and FIFA on the joys of proper computer football!

IMG_2076.jpg

Used to connect it to the telly and having to wait until some show was watched before you could play on it. 

11 hours ago, Ylf said:

IMG_3295.jpg grifter bike these go for a few quid now

My mate had one. We "humourously" called it a Rifter...

Our family being slightly tinky, I had a Raleigh Phaser bought from a scout jumble sale for a tenner. It wasn't as cool as a BMX but I quite liked that bike.

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Most of my Subbuteo players suffered double leg breaks, some of them multiple times. Fortunately, Airfix glue worked better than any modern physio treatment. One of my Scotland players just had a big blob of glue instead of legs and was notably shorter than the rest. I decided he was Billy Bremner and played him in midfield. The boy could curve around the opposition players like a dream.

It seems a bit appropriate that my subbuteo set contains a headless Hibs player ..

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I had one and a day out to Stanley Mills when it was derelict, finishing off the windows that were already broken with various bits of rubble.

Absolutely lethal bits of kit. 

When was this?

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

My mate had one. We "humourously" called it a Rifter...

Our family being slightly tinky, I had a Raleigh Phaser bought from a scout jumble sale for a tenner. It wasn't as cool as a BMX but I quite liked that bike.

I got a second (possibly third) hand ultra burner for my birthday one year.