Blast From The Past!

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

Dunno if he was on there but he was certainly behind a company that made most of the jingles for Radio 1. He's also now a convicted child sex offender.

Are sex offenders naturally attracted to becoming politicians/djs?

32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are sex offenders naturally attracted to becoming politicians/djs?

sorry for spelling JD - for your answer, sex offenders/peado are usually bright idivduals, yes you will have the local peado, however most are evil fuckers, that slim their way to power of some sort.....

As for rapists, there just evil dogs of our community and hunt.

unfortunatly, us good guys, normal really can't get it before it happens, we'll fight on JD

there is signs that guys like you and me will see, but never mention

As the Sarge said, flush them out.

Sad day when I was called out as a peado, I had nothing to hide, maybe I got too close.

I'll fight to this day. sorry for the rant

eta i was called a peado by many people the last time i was in scotland, to the extent i hit someone thrown down the stair of my sisters house, for the ambulance to pick up.

The police were called, by him...5 days later i visit him in his own house and broke all his fingers.  He is now serving 3 years for a sexual offence. sick as a dog,  knew it, but too late to call

last edit sorry - i'm an evil fucker, maybe i see evil.

Take care be strong, Wanderers Forever

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

sorry for spelling JD - for your answer, sex offenders/peado are usually bright idivduals, yes you will have the local peado, however most are evil fuckers, that slim their way to power of some sort.....

unfortunatly, us good guys, normal really can't get it before it happens, we'll fight on JD

Sad day when I was called out as a peado, I had nothing to hide, maybe I got too close.

eta i was called a peado by many people the last time i was in scotland, to the extent i hit someone thrown down the stair of my sisters house, for the ambulance to pick up.

The police were called, by him...5 days later i visit him in his own house and broke all his fingers.  He is now serving 3 years for a sexual offence. sick as a dog,  knew it, but too late to call

Dont f**k with the Wongs.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

quiz scottish GIF

53 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Not watched it for decades, need to see it again, some Soundtrack as well.

Leave the kid alone....

Grew up wanting to be  that guy, still trying at 49

Edited by SlipperyP

Great thread.

World Cup 90 remains the absolute gold standard of sticker albums. I recall Clough doing the TV advert for it too.

I mind playing with my da (football in the hall, it must have been raining) and you'd do the commentary for your own team. My auld man went Egypt as there was a few guys with the same surname. Him commentating "Mubarak, plays the ball to Mubarak, who beats his man and cuts it back to Mubarak" etc had me laughing so hard my whole body had turned to rubber.

Anyway. One thing I kinda miss that you don't see now is cars with different coloured bits. Someone in the street would have a blue car with one red door, or some other motley arrangement. 

• 2 weeks later...

Renting telly's and when they came on the market video players. Folk getting meters on the back of their telly to pay to watch when they didn't pay their bill. 

Canna imagine renting a 20 odd inch telly with nae remote to watch 3 channels. Renting was still very much a thing when I was married and in our first home. images(1).jpeg.62676fb641366ed6a17884a658e61161.jpeg

7 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Renting telly's and when they came on the market video players. Folk getting meters on the back of their telly to pay to watch when they didn't pay their bill. 

Canna imagine renting a 20 odd inch telly with nae remote to watch 3 channels. Renting was still very much a thing when I was married and in our first home. images(1).jpeg.62676fb641366ed6a17884a658e61161.jpeg

We were the same when we moved into our first home, a Radio Rentals TV and video recorder. I think TVs were relatively more expensive then than they are now so it seemed to make sense then.