Blast From The Past!

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Whilst we are on it things I used to drink as a yoof. Gadz...

5020379149259.jpg

0d366788-2d0e-11e6-9dc6-455dca91e85a.jpg

hooch-lemon-brew-12-x-500ml-ready-to-drink.jpg

image15-dw-bottle1.jpg

Whilst White Lightning was a fine choice for the young jakey, it was only 7.5% whereas real men drank the paint stripper heavyweight that was Electric White which came in at a staggering 9.5%. Was like drinking out of date apple juice laced with poison.

image.jpeg.df9c3c8c70ae07c3c790925923ca21e9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whilst White Lightning was a fine choice for the young jakey, it was only 7.5% whereas real men drank the paint stripper heavyweight that was Electric White which came in at a staggering 9.5%. Was like drinking out of date apple juice laced with poison.

My mate drank that.

Dead now, of course.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I actually picked up a bottle of Electric White and took it as my carry out to a party many years ago, it was only when I took the first sip I realised it was undrinkable so had to find something  to dilute it with. No blackcurrant at the party so ended up drinking Electric White and Kia-ora.

7 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Just remember White Lightning being terrific value for money as a 14 year old. £3.50 of my £5 a week pocket money! Enough left for a pokey o chips.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Just remember White Lightning being terrific value for money as a 14 year old. £3.50 of my £5 a week pocket money! Enough left for a pokey o chips.

image.thumb.jpeg.dcdc935f37fee463a8c303a0137d2a5f.jpeg

This was another favourite, £1 a litre, could afford to buy two bottles and 10 Regal with my £5 pocket money and still have enough for a packet of Monster Munch.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I actually picked up a bottle of Electric White and took it as my carry out to a party many years ago, it was only when I took the first sip I realised it was undrinkable so had to find something  to dilute it with. No blackcurrant at the party so ended up drinking Electric White and Kia-ora.

That sounds fucking tremendous tbh

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It was great value. However, some (me, Shane McGowan, and probably many dead people) realised litres of Tesco Red Vermouth represented the most bang for your buck available. Went well with speed and a curry before a night out (think it would be called “prinks” these days).

image.jpeg.6ec944906394f5b4aee0cd4cafbc9d96.jpeg

Edited by Shandön Par

33 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

It was great value. However, some (me, Shane McGowan, and probably many dead people) realised litres of Tesco Red Vermouth represented the most bang for your buck available. Went well with speed and a curry before a night out (think it would be called “prinks” these days).

image.jpeg.6ec944906394f5b4aee0cd4cafbc9d96.jpeg

Jeez, I'd forgotten about Martini. It's Italian, so it's good.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

My teens had simpler tonics.

unnamed.jpg

41I1d4F6K-L._AC_SS350_.jpg

We got an R.E. trip to Nunraw Abbey in 2nd year. The school coach stopped in Haddington and the bad boys tanned some Kestrel from the local Mace and drank it at the back of the bus.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We got an R.E. trip to Nunraw Abbey in 2nd year. The school coach stopped in Haddington and the bad boys tanned some Kestrel from the local Mace and drank it at the back of the bus.

Thought you were at it with "Nunraw Abbey" until I looked it up and was surprised to find it a real place!

Anyway, on the subject of cheap nasty ciders, I only ever tried this once. I can't remember whether it got me three times as hammered as its name suggested, but it made a change from Pulse. 

3 Hammers Cider 2.5L