Blast From The Past!

On 24/04/2020 at 09:59, Shandon Par said:

BA's head tasted pretty good IIRC. Had all the Dangermouse figures too. 

ETA - and HeMan & Skeletor, a castle and a big flying cat thing.

One of my school mates had the whole collection of He-Man  figures. He is super gay now and I can't help but wonder if waking up to shelves full of topless musclemen everyday  was instrumental in some of his life choices.

Edited by Nkomo-A-Gogo

46 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

One of my school mates had the whole collection of He-Man  figures. He is super gay now and I can't help but wonder if waking up to shelves full of topless musclemen everyday  was instrumental in some of his life choices.

image.jpeg.4c3586ee409d7413fdec7317f39baf42.jpeg

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

The no.1 song when I started university was “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me” by Culture Club

It was bloody Bryan Adams "Everything I do" when I went 

There was some right shite in the charts that month- Carter's "After the Watershed" was about the only choon

On 29/08/2020 at 00:35, tamthebam said:

It was bloody Bryan Adams "Everything I do" when I went 

There was some right shite in the charts that month- Carter's "After the Watershed" was about the only choon

Yes, that one hung around like the smell of chip fat.

7 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

This type of technology below seemed like a big part of growing up.

I read somewhere recently that they could wash a load in about 15 minutes. I don't remember that but if it's true why the f**k were they replaced?cd252b5ed8355fc9dc417b2bf7924d54.jpeg

Still common in the Philippines - we had one until about 2 years ago - was a Sharp brand.  The picture was shite on it though! 

7 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

This type of technology below seemed like a big part of growing up.

I read somewhere recently that they could wash a load in about 15 minutes. I don't remember that but if it's true why the f**k were they replaced?cd252b5ed8355fc9dc417b2bf7924d54.jpeg

We have one of them now.  12 mins for the wash, you have to manually rinse and then load for the spin.  All in all it takes 20 minutes.  With the heat here, you can start a wash and it's dried and ready to wear in 1 hour. 

With the other washing machine, front loader,  it takes 58 mins (not dried).  I see no difference in wash quality, twin tub just needs a little more work, which I can deal with.

8 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

It is a question of space.  With a front loader, you can have a work top above it.

On 28/08/2020 at 22:20, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

No just a wee bit gay naw?

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

It is a question of space.  With a front loader, you can have a work top above it.

This is a fair point - my mum had to pull out the twin tub every time she wanted to use it and then push it back under the worktop again.  That said, she still swears by it compared to the modern washers.