Blast From The Past!

When Carol Lee Scott (aka Grotbags) died a while back, I vaguely remember somebody posting that she'd had a reputation in showbiz as something of a goer.
I bring this up purely because I don't think I should be the only one to have had their childhood memories defiled by that mental image. You're welcome.

Apparently she was pumping the bold Mr Hull all over the set and his cock was like a forearm so she got the same experience as poor old Emu.

On 25/01/2020 at 09:12, JamesConnelly said:

There used to be a wee factory in Eastriggs (near Annan for those who don’t know) that made lemonade called McMichaels. Probably the best ginger I’ve ever tasted (due to the high sugar content no doubt). It was taken over by Solripe in the early 80s who promptly closed the factory down. Solripe ‘Juice’ was never a patch on McMichaels. 

The difference between West and East.

Glasgow - "Bottle of ginger, please".  "What flavour?"  "Orange".

Edinburgh - "Bottle of lemonade, please".  "What flavour?"  "Orange".

Where was the ginger/lemonade line?  It wasn't the same as the salt'n'sauce/salt'n'vinegar line because when I were a lad in Linlithgow we were aligned to Edinburgh in juice terms but Glasgow in condiment terms.

In Linlithgow, we had at least two lemonade producers in the town, never mind having Barrs in Falkirk.  

I still choke up a wee bit when I think of Bagpuss. Wee Dave used to cry at the melancholic end of every episode - I think it's 'cause it seemed like he was dying, and all his friends would stop existing. Brutal. I bought a DVD for the wean to watch a long time ago, but I couldn't even put it on. He's as soft as his old man, so it's probably just as well.

On the subject of "Dave is a massive pussy", I remember being hysterical about an episode of Scooby Doo, because there was some kind of monster that just wanted to be friends with everyone, but when our heroes caught sight of it, they'd run for their lives, and the poor monster was quite upset about the whole thing.

Sorry, I'll save this stuff for my psychiatrist.

The difference between West and East.
Glasgow - "Bottle of ginger, please".  "What flavour?"  "Orange".
Edinburgh - "Bottle of lemonade, please".  "What flavour?"  "Orange".
Where was the ginger/lemonade line?  It wasn't the same as the salt'n'sauce/salt'n'vinegar line because when I were a lad in Linlithgow we were aligned to Edinburgh in juice terms but Glasgow in condiment terms.

In Linlithgow, we had at least two lemonade producers in the town, never mind having Barrs in Falkirk.  

Down in these parts (Dumfriesshire), we were more aligned with Edinburgh when it came to fizzy drinks: any flavour was labelled “lemonade”. If you asked for ginger, you’d more than likely get ginger beer. Re: condiments: we were ‘Glasgow’ all the way.

I remember getting my first pocket money (50p) and thinking the big bottles of juice were 10p. 
Naw son, that’s the return value. Devastated. 
Made up for this though in the local post office there was a nice wee wifie who would serve the people waiting for pensions etc and just shout just leave the money on the counter boys. 10p mix up, lol more like a pounds worth.

f**k the police!

On 27/01/2020 at 19:49, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I still choke up a wee bit when I think of Bagpuss. Wee Dave used to cry at the melancholic end of every episode - I think it's 'cause it seemed like he was dying, and all his friends would stop existing. Brutal. I bought a DVD for the wean to watch a long time ago, but I couldn't even put it on. He's as soft as his old man, so it's probably just as well.

On the subject of "Dave is a massive pussy", I remember being hysterical about an episode of Scooby Doo, because there was some kind of monster that just wanted to be friends with everyone, but when our heroes caught sight of it, they'd run for their lives, and the poor monster was quite upset about the whole thing.

Sorry, I'll save this stuff for my psychiatrist.

The TV in Willo the Eisp, voiced by P&B regular, Kenneth Williams terrified me as a young kid. It was evil!

1463172766_images(11).jpeg.390db61af591f223537e2b6a7fe344f9.jpeg

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Anyone remember the old Volvo's back in the 80s with the front grill that would make a whistling noise as it drove past?

download.jpeg.df1de863245819b6a93a339024980eb4.jpeg

I had one of those in sky blue. It was already about 300 years old by the time I bought it for 100 quid. The thing spat out smoke the same colour as the bodywork and was fucked in general but it still got me around London where I lived at the time plus towed a caravan to and from Stratford upon Avon for the Phoenix festival. It was probably single-handedly responsible for climate change.