Blast From The Past!

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Back in my day you just had to make the noises yourself. The height of technology was an ice Lilly stick in the spokes to make an "engine" noise.

A flattened Kwenchi Kup wedged under the back wheel had the same effect.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

This was on every summer, right when the school holidays started. Every year I would vow "This year I'm going to watch every episode, all the way through." Don't think I ever saw more than 3 or 4. The theme music brings back a ton of happy memories though.

No school kid in Scotland ever learned how it ended as it ran through the duration of the English school holidays.

18 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

No school kid in Scotland ever learned how it ended as it ran through the duration of the English school holidays.

From what I remember, he escaped on a raft he built himself but lost his volleyball in the process. Then found his sweetheart was betrothed to someone else.

20 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Stately and Hutch just starting on the Sony channel. I will still get that car.

Edit. 5 minutes is enough.

I'm assuming Stately was an auto-correct from Starsky but anyway...a lad in my hometown painted his Morris Marina to look like that car. It was the saddest thing you ever saw.

Guest Moomintroll
That's the one - we got it for about 3 weeks of ours.  

Until then had to put with Heide, Ante the boy from Lapland and the Moomins.

Thought I did a great job entertaining you all, sorry you had to put up with me.

44 minutes ago, sjc said:

Does anyone else remember getting lifted over the turnstile back in the day?

Not me, largely because my dad only went at half time because that's when the back gates were just left open and anybody could wander in.

"Not tight, just frugal"

When Carol Lee Scott (aka Grotbags) died a while back, I vaguely remember somebody posting that she'd had a reputation in showbiz as something of a goer.

I bring this up purely because I don't think I should be the only one to have had their childhood memories defiled by that mental image. You're welcome.