Blast From The Past!

You jammy b*****ds getting the proper  Raleigh BMX, I got a cheap knock off out the back of the paper which took months to arrive. Mind you what a time to be alive when the post van showed up with the biggest box I've ever seen.

The ginger man delivering bottles of alpine every week. You also got solripe and curries...

701c781f55476fff3ce85e7d5d7099d7.jpg&key=ddf5af658168498bd4ebe229fd58109377eda962d3ca5ec1115f98fcac4654a1

There used to be a wee factory in Eastriggs (near Annan for those who don’t know) that made lemonade called McMichaels. Probably the best ginger I’ve ever tasted (due to the high sugar content no doubt). It was taken over by Solripe in the early 80s who promptly closed the factory down. Solripe ‘Juice’ was never a patch on McMichaels. IMG_3540.jpg

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:
14 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:
A Raleigh Wolf Cub.  Had a wee computer screen (blank screen with noise buttons on it).  My pride and joy when I was wee.  God knows how my parents managed to afford it. 
B1DBA8B6-8192-45E7-BF9D-F7F6BE0DEA59.jpeg.66c6b7cf2e2b277741caa8bd8dab67f3.jpeg

I had that one too. Think you could do police siren type noises on it, which seems a bad idea in hindsight.

Back in my day you just had to make the noises yourself. The height of technology was an ice Lilly stick in the spokes to make an "engine" noise.

56 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This was on every summer, right when the school holidays started. Every year I would vow "This year I'm going to watch every episode, all the way through." Don't think I ever saw more than 3 or 4. The theme music brings back a ton of happy memories though.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

This was on every summer, right when the school holidays started. Every year I would vow "This year I'm going to watch every episode, all the way through." Don't think I ever saw more than 3 or 4. The theme music brings back a ton of happy memories though.

Was addicted to it, never missed an episode.