Blast From The Past!

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have never been able to see those, to the extent that my Mum once called me a liar on Christmas morning when everyone else in the family could see whatever the fucking thing was in the book I had been given as a present.

Assuming you find it tricky to strain your eyes, very gently pull the sides of both your eyes like you're ICTJohnboy doing an impression of a China man.  This should you give you double vision.  For example...

Capture.PNG.b983882509f0457745f9b2341005fe89.PNG

Doing that sort of thing, try and get two baseball players (horizontal to one another) of the same style below to overlap.  In doing so, hopefully you should see two baseball players magically appear like Predator.  One thinks he's superman and the other looks like he's having a s***e.

home_frequent_flyer.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Archers- sold Ladas, Skodas, Yugos and FSOs.

The old man would buy 2nd hand cars that would last about 18 months. In the mid 80s we had a Y reg Skoda Estelle. The boot was in the front and the engine in the back. It was also a strange brick red colour. 

At least it had 4 wheels. My mate's dad had a three wheeler!

Still have that Archers ad stuck in my head. For a Yugo go to Archers, Archers, Archers, Archers. For a Yugo go to....

I only ever managed to see one of those Magic Eye things, and I've still no idea what I did differently for it to work for me.

Deeply unimpressive anyway. People used to make it sound like you were seeing some amazing 3D picture, and all you got was a basic outline of something, like a schooner sailboat.

I only ever managed to see one of those Magic Eye things, and I've still no idea what I did differently for it to work for me.
Deeply unimpressive anyway. People used to make it sound like you were seeing some amazing 3D picture, and all you got was a basic outline of something, like a schooner sailboat.
Definitely 3D images. You're obviously doing it wrong buddy!

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Definitely 3D images. You're obviously doing it wrong buddy!

Either that, or you've been on the toilet duck again.

Do they look anything like this?

tumblr_mhrozidFcv1rzuc6eo1_400.gif

17 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Mind the coca cola roller at the Glasgow Garden Festival...3597362735_1245a13cfc_z.jpeg

Yes, a day of stuffing my face with hot dogs, doughnuts, ice cream and chocolate and my ma says "your sisters want to go on the rollercoaster, go with them"

Came off the thing a shade of green.. 

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have never been able to see those, to the extent that my Mum once called me a liar on Christmas morning when everyone else in the family could see whatever the fucking thing was in the book I had been given as a present.

Some activity must have ruined your eyesight compared to the others...

18 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Mind the coca cola roller at the Glasgow Garden Festival...3597362735_1245a13cfc_z.jpeg

The day I went the fireworks went wrong and a bunch of people got blasted by one. Someone (not me) lost a leg IIRC. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/11892626.festival-firework-organisers-cleared/

19 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Anyone have one of these?

s-l640.jpeg

A bright orange one (simmer down). Was a second hand buy, stashed at the back of the garage under a sheet until Christmas Day when my old boy (a larger boned individual) brained himself by trying to pop a wheelie and flipping straight off its back. A couple of years later once I had moved on it went to an aution in the local village hall where it made the grand price of £7. My mum then turned to my dad and proudly exclaimed 'Ooh, that's good, that's more than we paid for it!'. Tight bassas, my parents.

image.png.f3001648bbb9857d025681023ce6048f.png

I then moved on to one of these. Well before the advent of mountain bikes, cool as f**k. No mudguards, cowhorn handlebars, balloon tyres, the lot. You could do some speed on it, even with only the Sturmey Archer 3 speed. I think the gearing was meant for 20" wheels, this bad boy had 26"s.

Anyway, it met its end as I was cycling home pished, c.1988. In those days the Council turned the streetlights off at night. Someone had left their front door porch light on and my attention was drawn like a moth to a flame. At that point was doing about 25mph when the bike hit the boot end of the unseen parked VW Polo. Front forks crumpled, perfect bike shaped dent in the Polo bumper, I landed on the bonnet and I can only assume I got a nasty knock to the head as I cannot remember leaving my insurance details before fleeing the scene...