Blast From The Past!

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

See the source image

Image result for subbuteo old stadium

The subbuteo leagues in the 80s were a serious business.  Who can forget the pain of kneeling on a man, removing pieces from your knee for days and ruining your team.

Found all mine farily recently and tanned the bairn's arse in a replay of the '82 WOrld Cup Final.  Also had a Dundee Derby.

Image_2 2020-01-21_11-42-13.jpeg

Image_1 2020-01-21_11-42-13.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Subbuteo - where artificial pitches are better than the original.

I can recall swapping my Robocop game for the Spectrum for an artificial pitch, what a deal I got.

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

2CB1DB03-7E38-4A7E-BF68-5517DF000166.jpeg

Those comics were great, I had so many.  There was recurring characters like the mercenary Jon Stark who would play a couple of games for each team around the world, f**k knows how that worked, and Kit Carson the famous scout.

Of course I also used to buy the commando comics to, for you Tommy, the war is over, f**k off  Fritz, 

See the source image

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Aye. when the eventually flatten out.  My old dear tried to iron my Astropitch once. 

If boots to the pie were available in the 1980s...

Schoolbooks to hold the corners down.

Also allowed a quick transition to pretending to do your homework when that was what you were supposed to be doing.

27 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Found all mine farily recently and tanned the bairn's arse in a replay of the '82 WOrld Cup Final.  Also had a Dundee Derby.

Image_2 2020-01-21_11-42-13.jpeg

Image_1 2020-01-21_11-42-13.jpeg

You are obviously all about authenticity. The top pic even has tobacco advertising which was allowed in those days.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I bet you still have the magazine with the letter in it somewhere. Any chance of posting it?

Unfortunately not. Pretty sure the letter was regarding how Tailz was a great addition to the Sonic Universe or that Dr Robotnic was a ginger mousered c**t.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

See the source image

Image result for subbuteo old stadium

The subbuteo leagues in the 80s were a serious business.  Who can forget the pain of kneeling on a man, removing pieces from your knee for days and ruining your team.

My favourite team was the brazil one I got for sending away pickled onion tudor crisp bags.

See the source image

Who'd have thunk Tudor would have released crisps tasting of sweaty fuckers from Barnsley.

In other news, this was definitely the poor relation to Subbuteo. 

striker2.jpg