Blast From The Past!

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hang on a minute. Throbber says he quite often visits Elgin. And he (presumably) looks like a tramp. And his bird is fat (presumably from eating all the free shortbread he can stuff down his Lonsdales).

Hmmm.

Busted.

63d975ba8317d0839cae0056e0aca44a.jpg

We did our shopping in here. Must've been cheap as we would come from Kilwinning to Kilmarnock to shop.

Saying that, for north/east Ayrshire locals, none of the other towns had an easily accessible supermarket I don't think. Tesco was in Irvine mall and I'm not sure if Asda existed in Irvine at that time.

17 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

We did our shopping in here. Must've been cheap as we would come from Kilwinning to Kilmarnock to shop.

Saying that, for north/east Ayrshire locals, none of the other towns had an easily accessible supermarket I don't think. Tesco was in Irvine mall and I'm not sure if Asda existed in Irvine at that time.

I got clinically depressed just looking at that picture.

I got clinically depressed just looking at that picture.

I used to work part time in that shithole, when it was still Fine Fare. Friday night shift would pay for a weekend of fags,Newcastle Brown and occasional low grade weed.
I didn't function too well at school on Mondays...

• 1 year later...
On 23/07/2017 at 16:09, Dindeleux said:

The Tesco in the mall in Irvine had a front door and tills that took you into the Mall, but also had a set of tills at the back and a back door that went straight into one of the levels of the multi storey car park, if you knew how to do it could park right at back door. My 1st job was sitting at the tills at the back on a Sunday morning, 17 and hungover and praying that every customer fucked off out the front.

On 08/08/2018 at 17:16, microdave said:
On 08/08/2018 at 07:12, Hedgecutter said:

db0476c5c56f90dcfdf32447a1ef0657--cheese-grater-childhood-memories.jpg&key=78b05bcf1c61a6d373917b921b98a716028d67f0717bdcef953d13f0736a22aa 

Those cheese graters were an absolute b*****d to clean.

Dishwasher these days.  ;)

Easy peasy, not as cheesy.  

Edited by Hedgecutter

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Dishwasher these days.  ;)

Easy peasy, not as cheesy.  

Can you still get these?  Using the dishwasher has rusted mine to the point of not being able to use it but I'm kinda fond of it and would like another one but I've never seen one in the shops.

2 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Can you still get these?  Using the dishwasher has rusted mine to the point of not being able to use it but I'm kinda fond of it and would like another one but I've never seen one in the shops.

Probably not been made for 40 years but you can get 2nd hand on eBay just now it would seem.  Search ''Mouli Grater'. 

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Probably not been made for 40 years but you can get 2nd hand on eBay just now it would seem.  Search ''Mouli Grater'. 

Thanks for that.  There's some shabby-looking stuff on there but I'm sure I'll get something decent out of it.

15 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

You can get them on Amazon for a tenner.