Blast From The Past!

4876b1f0f26d0d68b4b00e0ce68f5390.jpg
The coop. Used to use these to buy Star Wars figures after the big shop. They also had tubes that sucked up money like something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory. 
I can remember fine fare as everything was like soviet Russia with yellow tins with black font.
Supermarket food really used to be terrible. The Indian stuff used to be totally rank. M&S was the game changer, now everything is pretty decent. Pot Noodles were probably a highlight back then. 
I think there's maybe too much choice now at times, there's a big ASDA near me and they have about a hundred different orange juices. Simpler times back then, it was APPLE JUICE or ORANGE JUICE take it or leave it!

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1487632118.875787.jpg

On a similar vein of shite old supermarkets I give you Presto

24 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

@saint dave

I've just stuck on The Warriors . Haven't watched it in years. Cheers for reminding me !

Saw a special edition recently that has cartoonised chapters and a few different opening scenes with Warriors talking about Cyrus and the gathering. Worth a look. 

1587_5.jpg

Edited by saint dave
Add photo

There's a TV cut of the Warriors that has quite a few extra scenes that aren't in the theatrical cut. It gives more of a backstory and introduces the characters. I've read the novel but TBH it's not as good as the film.

The Wanderers book is far better than the film though. One of my favourite books ever.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

10 minutes ago, saint dave said:

Saw a special edition recently that has cartoonised chapters and a few different opening scenes with Warriors talking about Cyrus and the gathering. Worth a look. 

1587_5.jpg

Cheers for that.

You've probably seen this but thought I'd share anyway

The Red Hand Gang

58ab8005ba75f_redhandgang.jpg.4e44aa0a1d16a46b44c0aa884502a8ff.jpg

not a Rangers Supporters Club :rolleyes: but a kids tv show from the late 1970s. I only mention this because of the school prank when someone would ask you "Do you want to join the Red Hand Gang?" and unwittingly you'd say "aye" and they'd give you a big slap on your back leaving a red hand imprint... 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

The Red Hand Gang

58ab8005ba75f_redhandgang.jpg.4e44aa0a1d16a46b44c0aa884502a8ff.jpg

not a Rangers Supporters Club :rolleyes: but a kids tv show from the late 1970s. I only mention this because of the school prank when someone would ask you "Do you want to join the Red Hand Gang?" and unwittingly you'd say "aye" and they'd give you a big slap on your back leaving a red hand imprint... 

:lol: Do you remember when the orange tango advert had people running up to strangers and happy slapping them, the ad got banned as well because there was public disorder because many eardrums were being damaged and was becoming an epidemic problem on the NHS resources?

Brilliant advert,

:lol:

I do remember when the moulded Mitre balls were first introduced, also great for playing basketball when nobody wanted to play kick about.

Those moulded mitre things were horrendous! Basically just a spherical weapon with mitre written on it and designed to inflict pain!

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

That's a bit newer than mine. My one had Villa vs Watford on the cover. FA Cup 1983.

Pfft. My first one was a World Cup set with all the floodlights, scoreboard, and a replica Jules Rimet trophy - because that was the World Cup...