Warburton Resigns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

It might just be a coincidence but Tore Andre Flo and his brother arrived in Edinburgh this morning 

Is his brothers first name Ebben? :rolleyes: And that might explain what the other £12 million investment is for, but I don't think Tore is worth that any more tbh.

13 hours ago, Red Rose said:

It might just be a coincidence but Tore Andre Flo and his brother arrived in Edinburgh this morning 

You're jumping to conclusions.  We're meeting up in Cumbernauld and going out on the lash later.  Looking forward.

21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Where do you get that from?  Of course an agent can do this as long as he's acknowledged as speaking on his client's behalf.

Speak to your HR dept and get them to explain it. An agent can convey an intention to quit, but can only take a verbal agreement back to their client so it is not vaild unless the client agrees with the decision.

16 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Speak to your HR dept and get them to explain it. An agent can convey an intention to quit, but can only take a verbal agreement back to their client so it is not vaild unless the client agrees with the decision.

Hate to contradict you but that's wrong. An agent can make a decision that binds the principal so long as it's within the agreed remit of the agent. If you delegate an agent to represent you in all employment matters they can, if the employer agrees, make any decision in relation to the employment contract including terminating the contract. It's not normal in day to day employment matters but it's not unusual in sports related employment.

2 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Hate to contradict you but that's wrong. An agent can make a decision that binds the principal so long as it's within the agreed remit of the agent. If you delegate an agent to represent you in all employment matters they can, if the employer agrees, make any decision in relation to the employment contract including terminating the contract. It's not normal in day to day employment matters but it's not unusual in sports related employment.

At a tribunal, I think you'd be very hard pressed to demonstrate that it was anything other than  a heads of agreement, which without explicit instruction from the client to tender the client's resignation is exactly what it would be. That instruction could only be verified by the agent and the client, so basically in a tribunal you would be asking Warburton and his agent to testify on behalf of newco.  

Good luck  with that.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

At a tribunal, I think you'd be very hard pressed to demonstrate that it was anything other than  a heads of agreement, which without explicit instruction from the client to tender the client's resignation is exactly what it would be. That instruction could only be verified by the agent and the client, so basically in a tribunal you would be asking Warburton and his agent to testify on behalf of newco.  

Good luck  with that.

I'm not trying to suggest that's what they were doing or that it's a good way to conduct affairs. I was only pointing out that it's possible for an agent to tender a resignation on their principals behalf if it was set up properly, which it is.

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Why don't the **** want MacKay?
Oh wait-

IMG-20170219-WA0001.jpg

That'll be the catholic captain that scored the only goal in the 2003 Scottish Cup Final. 

I wish they hadn't signed him either:bairn

Archived