Warburton Resigns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not quite. It seems that Serco agreed a reduced compensation figure of £500k for termination, a £700k saving on the £1.2 million to sack the trio. Forest did not appoint them and they did not resign.

It would appear, however, that the Sevco board took advantage of that cheap deal and terminated the contracts. It is, of course, speculation until King or Murray makes a further statement for clarification.

That's not how I read it. Granted I could be miles out but going by the statement the reduced compensation would be what it'd have cost the club they were moving to for their services. So if those figures are correct Sevco would actually be out of pocket to the tune of £700k.

"At a meeting with the management team's representative earlier this week the club were advised that Mr Warburton, Mr Weir and Mr McParland wished to resign their positions and leave the club on condition that Rangers agreed to waive its rights to substantial compensation. Rangers' agreement to waive compensation would assist the management team to join another club. This compensation was agreed when Rangers significantly improved Mr Warburton and Mr Weir's financial arrangements before the start of the season.

The board urgently convened to consider the offer made on behalf of the management team and its ramifications and agreed to accept it and release the trio from the burden of compensation, despite the potential financial cost to the club."

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-74/

Going by that statement (for all it's worth) the compensation looks like it should be due to Sevco, not Magic Hat, Weir and McParland.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Stick to looking at my 'rep score' and making an arse of yourself.

That is definitely what is happening here. Perhaps I just find it hillarious that you enjoy playing the diddy line against other clubs when it turns out that unsurprisingly, your team is an absolute shambles off and on the park yet again. Diddy club, deluded fans.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

That's not how I read it. Granted I could be miles out but going by the statement the reduced compensation would be what it'd have cost the club they were moving to for their services. So if those figures are correct Sevco would actually be out of pocket to the tune of £700k.

"At a meeting with the management team's representative earlier this week the club were advised that Mr Warburton, Mr Weir and Mr McParland wished to resign their positions and leave the club on condition that Rangers agreed to waive its rights to substantial compensation. Rangers' agreement to waive compensation would assist the management team to join another club. This compensation was agreed when Rangers significantly improved Mr Warburton and Mr Weir's financial arrangements before the start of the season.

The board urgently convened to consider the offer made on behalf of the management team and its ramifications and agreed to accept it and release the trio from the burden of compensation, despite the potential financial cost to the club."

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-74/

Going by that statement (for all it's worth) the compensation looks like it should be due to Sevco, not Magic Hat, Weir and McParland.

That's another possibility. I based my earlier comment on media speculation on the deal that was struck with the trio. More will come out over the next 36 hours.

If I was a Rangers fan, I'd be concerned that our manager was seemingly desperate to leave to go to Forest.... they seem an utter basket case with a hated, wantaway owner who keeps sacking managers and will have no money to spend. I assume favoured son Nigel Clough turned them down for those very reasons.

Three viable scenarios:

Warburton knew he was for the push soon so was happy to take any old shit.

Warburton had had a blazing row behind the scenes so wanted to get out and was, again, happy to take any old shit.

Warburton is aware of Rangers' finances and is expecting them to fall off a cliff... so would've been happy to take any old shit.

Well, maybe. But why agitate to leave for Forest? I think his reputation on this side of the border is still not bad from his time with Brentford. Forest seem one of the worst clubs at their level he could choose (and realistically he's not likely to be picking third/fourth tier jobs).

35 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Warburton's a fanny.

He never had a hat
He spent the dough on Barton
And other shite like that

To be be fair just once at hampden
He cuffed the minky ***
Apart from that however
His side's been fucking grim

So he took a call from Forrest
And tried to get to fuck
But sevco have no money
And pushed their fucking luck

And now they say he's offski
But Warbs is still the boss
So we're all hoping admin
And a total fucking loss

For us it's fucking Christmas
Come around again
While we all laugh and pish ourselves
Ra Sevco's in the bin.

Oh.............................................

Archived