Warburton Resigns

This is what it was like to be a Celtic supporter in the nineties: total insecurity, desperate flitting from one new saviour to another. It was horrible, a terrible experience.

I'm absolutely delighted to see that this is the situation at Ibrox.  I hope it continues forever and a day, with louder and louder cries of anguish. Ten years at least.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Don't care what anyone says, that's no way to treat a Scottish championship and Petrofac cup winning manager.

Scottish Cup runner up is his greatest achievement.

Emptied your club in the process.  But then he faced the hibees and suddenly it dawned, to win the Scottish Cup, he'd need a fucking wand :) 

Just woke up and read through all 26 pages and I'm still no wiser as to what's going on.

I'm interpreting it as Warbs agent handed in resignation for the Nottingham Forest job with clause of no compo required; Rangers accepted; after a bit of further research, Forest discovered that the hat didn't possess as much magical powers as they were led to believe and reneged on the deal; Rangers saw it as the perfect opportunity to get rid of him for fuck all.

Is that about right?

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Just woke up and read through all 26 pages and I'm still no wiser as to what's going on.

I'm interpreting it as Warbs agent handed in resignation for the Nottingham Forest job with clause of no compo required; Rangers accepted; after a bit of further research, Forest discovered that the hat didn't possess as much magical powers as they were led to believe and reneged on the deal; Rangers saw it as the perfect opportunity to get rid of him for fuck all.

Is that about right?

I'd reckon this is a decent summary.

https://twitter.com/bbckennymac/status/830171708162183168

"Let's just say @RangersFC fans will be shocked as the details behind this story start to drip out."

Let's just say it will come as zero surprise that their pals at the BBC & especially STV sat on what they'd known for sometime, otherwise it wouldn't have been a shock to them, would it? :whistle

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is that about right?

Not quite. It seems that Serco agreed a reduced compensation figure of £500k for termination, a £700k saving on the £1.2 million to sack the trio. Forest did not appoint them and they did not resign.

It would appear, however, that the Sevco board took advantage of that cheap deal and terminated the contracts. It is, of course, speculation until King or Murray makes a further statement for clarification.

Archived