Scottish Islands

8MileBU

I know it's open season on Calmac right now, but I imagine this will work in tandem with the MV Isle of Mull and will simply replace the MV Coruisk which is a similar size/capacity and cost £6.75M new in 2003.

Nope. I am not joining some Calmac pile-on here. I'm pretty objective about their service. I do use it often enough, seldom with complaint.

I was literally onboard the Coruisk when I took that photo. I can assure you that this new bathtoy is a significant downgrade on the Coruisk in terms of passenger areas.

Here's another image, judge for yourself. Imagine being onboard that with a couple of coachloads of Iona bound pilgrims on a Saturday morning in summer season.

6 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

A literal side by side comparison here!

Fairy nuff 🤣
Actually you could have just quoted the lengths - 49M v 65M. That photo just makes me think of Father Ted...

Isle of May tomorrow!

• 1 month later...
On 08/07/2022 at 10:48, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

"We go again."

Heading out for my first full week on Lewis & Harris since 2015.

News of Britain's impending heatwave has not reached Ullapool, alas. 1e83094e8431fdd18e93d4bd61daaeec.jpg3038d3a8f6d8929ac1fdb89d9dd8c6e7.jpg

Tough luck with the weather on the crossing.
Choice of 4 games on Monday night...
I'll be up for a week early August. Probably go and watch the Lochies v Carloway.

Tough luck with the weather on the crossing.
Choice of 4 games on Monday night...
I'll be up for a week early August. Probably go and watch the Lochies v Carloway.
I was swithering over going to a game tonight, but the wind has turned into a fully fledged hoolie as the day has progressed and I thought that sitting on my decking with a beer watching the sea battering Pabaigh Mor would prove more entertaining, and so it has been.

Lewis has been pretty spectacular, the main highlight thus far being finding out that one of the Callanish stones bears an uncanny resemblance to King Kong.

51c32d8176666331462bb3215bbb27a0.jpg

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I was swithering over going to a game tonight, but the wind has turned into a fully fledged hoolie as the day has progressed and I thought that sitting on my decking with a beer watching the sea battering Pabaigh Mor would prove more entertaining, and so it has been.

Lewis has been pretty spectacular, the main highlight thus far being finding out that one of the Callanish stones bears an uncanny resemblance to King Kong.

51c32d8176666331462bb3215bbb27a0.jpg

I played against Ness FC over 40s earlier this month at their park and “windy” doesn’t do it justice.

Seen footage of the regular Ness FC game tonight on Facebook and it sounded like it was still blowing a gale. They were 8-0 up last I checked.

17 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Week on Lewis coming to an end. Weather has been all the varieties of cool and windy you can think of, nobody knows how to use passing places, and I'm gasping for a decent cup of coffee, from anywhere. Otherwise it has been fun.

Too late for you? Bar should be open at 2pm.

On 15/07/2022 at 16:31, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Sure is, all going well I'll be at Montrose v Killie tomorrow. Just cruising into Ullapool now.

ac127eb7f5c430a7c5c59f34cf10a268.jpg

Glad to see you got around Uig a fair bit anyway. July's usually a bit of a pisser, statistically, but it is what it is.