Falkirk v Dundee United (3rd v 2nd)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Same team as last week, aside from putting Flood into midfield and moving Toshney to centre half. Sorted.

I really like Flood and think he does a good job, but if we're only playing one defensive midfielder I'm not sure he's the best option.  I am also not sure if one defensive midfielder is the best formation away to the likes of Falkirk.

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Same defence except Toshney in for the Edge who is suspended.

Flood and Telfer in defensive mid with Nicholls, Andreu and Murray behind Mikkelssen.

If Flood is still out then Toshney alongside Telfer and Dillon in for the Edge.

I'd maybe put Toshney to CB and bring in Murdoch if Flood is still unavailable

Just now, AlexDolan said:

I'd maybe put Toshney to CB and bring in Murdoch if Flood is still unavailable

I really don't rate Murdoch.  I know he hasn't played much but I've not been impressed from what I've seen.  One of Ray's poorer signings IMO.

Whilst it's only been two performances against rank opposition, we're beginning to get back to them team that we looked like last season. I don't think there is anything between us and United but home advantage should hopefully give us enough to edge it. Will United be bringing a big support through or has the novelty already worn off? 

On 06/02/2017 at 19:31, distresseduke said:

Rogers

Muirhead watson grant leahy

aird(supercraigs) McKee sibbald hippo

Miller Baird 

Sorry we are not allowed to play with 12. Stick yir neck on the line

We will get a a slightly bigger picture to judge if we are on the right track again, its far too early to judge after games v St Mirren and the Fifers, tho similar could be said of UTD, whom have been on a bit of a crap run too. 

We are 9pts worse off than last season at this time and Hibs are two points worse off, its been a funny league with nearly every team having a good wee run bar St Mirren and Dumbarton and everyone else having a bad run too. 

I'll be surprised if Aird is back for it which is a pity as Id be a lot more confident with him in there, still dont think UTD are all that and home advantage should at least give us a bigger chance as on paper UTD's away form is letting them down it appears.

Surely the same 10 again and the only question mark will be on Aird taking over from Craigen unless Houstie feels to match up with the way UTD with them usually flooding (no pun intended) the midfield.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

We will get a a slightly bigger picture to judge if we are on the right track again, its far too early to judge after games v St Mirren and the Fifers, tho similar could be said of UTD, whom have been on a bit of a crap run too. 

We are 9pts worse off than last season at this time and Hibs are two points worse off, its been a funny league with nearly every team having a good wee run bar St Mirren and Dumbarton and everyone else having a bad run too. 

I'll be surprised if Aird is back for it which is a pity as Id be a lot more confident with him in there, still dont think UTD are all that and home advantage should at least give us a bigger chance as on paper UTD's away form is letting them down it appears.

Surely the same 10 again and the only question mark will be on Aird taking over from Craigen unless Houstie feels to match up with the way UTD with them usually flooding (no pun intended) the midfield.

Aird is back Thursday

He is, and the manager said at the press conference on Tuesday that because of his absence, the best he could probably expect would be a place on the bench. I don't know if any of the journos reported that or not.

To be expected I suppose. If not physically, he must be mentally drained from his short trip back home.

There's also an argument that Craigen doesn't deserve to be automatically dropped after last week, I thought he played well and showed a real hunger to get involved. He was unlucky not to score too.

Aird will be keen to come back and do well and coming off the bench could be a good option to have when it's needed.

Archived