Friendly Colville Park

Michael Kennedy

Looking for a friendly for next sat I know everyone will have fixtures listed, but if any games are looking like they will be called off we have a park booked.

I honestly can't believe that the Central League has given all the teams a free week because of the leagues speakers night on Friday night, I have attended these functions in the past and your lucky if 10 players from the league attend.

No wonder there is a back log of fixtures at the end of the season because of the decisions like this, some teams have only played 5 to 7 games in the league and it's nearly mid Feb honesty can understand the rational behind this decision, absolutely fuming.

If anyone is interested PM me 

Cheers

That a good question mate I take it only 3 teams came back and asked to play and we were left out because of he odd number, so not sure how they came to the decision of selecting Greenock to play Drum. 

Every season I complain I out the back log of fixtures asking amateur players to play 3 times a week, with work and family commitments and the fact you are asking them to continuously put there body through thus gruelling schedule is ridiculous.   

I agree mate totally I understand the league needs to generate income buy football should always be the main priority.
That the other thing St Pat have played about 5 leagues means people having to travel to Dumbarton on a Monday and Wednesday night which is a nightmare

They also need to travel to Motherwell etc too so it's not all one way...... people always seem to make it out as tho Dumbarton is out in the sticks somewhere!

My lips are sealed Cbrown4.............well nearly........  raised that when I was Match Secretary of the League do away with it as not many of the players are interested in it now .......yes its a brilliant night but its well past its sell buy date even back in 1995 !!!!!

Great points again Michael .....

I agree so makes the decision to not play on Sat madness, it's not out the sticks but it's a night of a journey trying to travel at 5 o'clock.

I wasn't having a go just pointing it out that teams that travel to Dumbarton and think it's a trek, we have to do it the other way.
I agree that having Saturday's off at this time of year is madness

On 2/5/2017 at 19:22, Michael Kennedy said:

I agree mate totally I understand the league needs to generate income buy football should always be the main priority.

That the other thing St Pat have played about 5 leagues means people having to travel to Dumbarton on a Monday and Wednesday night which is a nightmare

Old Rodger trying to fix it so teams visit with a weakened team. He's been cheating for years

Same as the not so successful teams in the league getting hit with midweek games at the start of the season.. Their season is finished by march!! I know some of them asked for help but we're just told the games are listed and get on with it.. Trying to get through the Glasgow rush hour is madness for a 6:30 KO, you need to leave at 4:45 just to make the game.. And then no Saturday games, madness!!

1 hour ago, loco de futbol said:

Same as the not so successful teams in the league getting hit with midweek games at the start of the season.. Their season is finished by march!! I know some of them asked for help but we're just told the games are listed and get on with it.. Trying to get through the Glasgow rush hour is madness for a 6:30 KO, you need to leave at 4:45 just to make the game.. And then no Saturday games, madness!!

I agree mate it's a nightmare for anyone trying to travel for midweek games all the more reason Saturday's should be getting used to play football and not for allowing people to recover from a night at the speakers night. 

Anyway I've moaned enough just need to try and get a friendly keep the boys ticking over 

Archived