Raith Rovers vs Greenock Morton

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I felt sorry for Locke tonight. It was uncomfortable seeing us with all those players upfront, with the realisation that a mans job is on the line.

It's not even that he's a bad person. He doesn't come across as arrogant and he's not naive that the fans are unhappy. It's just that he's completely incompetent at the role that he's been selected for. I can imagine it's difficult working as a footballer and having that opportunity to manage with clubs. When you've managed at clubs like Hearts and Killie, that comes with a lot of off the field stuff. But at the same time, it's completely of his own making. The decision making since the New Year has been utterly tits mental. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Good win for us. 5 genuine starting 11 players not in the team, a centreback in central midfield and a rookie panic buy striker playing the whole game without hardly touching the ball and we still managed to win pretty comfortably in the end.

Would you say he's been a panic buy? Duffy has tried to bring him in before and obviously rates him.

Return of the BeckenBarr steadying the defence so far. A sure sign it's February.

Better days to come?

Answer: no.

6 defeats in a row, 4 of which were at home. 14 games without a win.

My next game will be Dundee United at home on March 18th. Thank fuck. That could be 19 games without a win by then. I wonder how many games the Board are prepared to give him?

I genuinely enjoyed that. Mark Stewart at right back, Bobby Barr at left back. Declan McManus in centre midfield. Rudi Skacel... somewhere. Kyle Benedictus up front. 'Forward thinking'. Anything is possible with Gary Locke.

I've never enjoyed a defeat more. Absolutely hilarious. A complete breakdown from a man who's surely just managed his last match in charge of a full-time team.

And thank fuck for that.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I felt sorry for Locke tonight. It was uncomfortable seeing us with all those players upfront, with the realisation that a mans job is on the line.

Agreed.

I felt heart sorry for him when I watched him walking down the sideline shaking his head kinda sorrowfully.

Anyone know why there was loads of folk in and around about the office after the game?

12 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I didn't. Good riddance to the stubborn p***k.

This is what I haven't liked about the whole thing. The personal nature of peoples comments. Was exactly the same under Murray.

There are ways in which fans can express their dissatisfaction without resorting to name calling. Locke seems a nice enough guy,it just isn't working out.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

This is what I haven't liked about the whole thing. The personal nature of peoples comments. Was exactly the same under Murray.

There are ways in which fans can express their dissatisfaction without resorting to name calling. Locke seems a nice enough guy,it just isn't working out.

Agree completely with this. Some of the comments about him and Jackson have been out of line. I'm fully in the Locke out camp, but it does come across as poor. You're spot on about Murray too. 

5 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Agreed.

I felt heart sorry for him when I watched him walking down the sideline shaking his head kinda sorrowfully.

Anyone know why there was loads of folk in and around about the office after the game?

Handing in season tickets? 

Yeah, no need for anything personal. I've thought he should be sacked for a couple of weeks, but no need for personal abuse. 

I do feel for Locke a bit after what was obviously a desperate evening, but it is only right that he goes. 

Fair enough. Probably a bit harsh with calling him a p***k. Good riddance to him though. I don't feel sorry for him at all though.

Archived