Raith Rovers vs Greenock Morton

Think this a perfect opportunity to show the board the fans are together and want change NOW see almost 800 fans short of the last time we were at united if 800 or more stayed away at morton on a stormy wet Tuesday night we not going to miss much other than send the board a strong message.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd have to be fucking demented to go to this game as a Rovers fan.

I haven't decided if I'll make it yet. 

I'll go. We have to win sometime. Even during the Anelka season we won occasionally.

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I am really unsure of what is going to happen here. 

We're going to start off with what seems to be an air of quality in possession, but it'll soon become clear that we aren't actually capable of creating anything. Despite that, we might blunder our way into a chance or two through the undeniable talent of one or two individuals. Of course, the merits of a couple of decent footballers are no match for systematic incompetence, and the cracks will soon start to show.

Moments after the ball first trundles past either Kevin Cuthbert or Connor Brennan, any semblance of resistance will evaporate, and the remainder of the game will see Morton score anywhere between one and four more goals, to the increasingly disgruntled soundtrack of a South Stand that has been pushed to breaking point by a manager who's side has scored a total of six goals at that end of Stark's Park this season, in all competitions. 

Really hope Oliver is fit for this. If he's not I'd like to see Scullion start behind Shankland but I doubt that'll happen. 
Driving for the first time through to Starks Park for this. Where's best to park?

If there is any doubt over Oliver's fitness then he needs to be out of the squad, resting for the swording of The Tribute Act on Sunday. Nesbitt and one of Lindsay or Murdoch should be rested for the same reason IMO. With Shankland being cup-tied he should be the obvious focal point of our attack in this one.

Gaston
Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie
Forbes Murdoch/Lindsay Tidser Russell
McDonagh
Shankland

The issue is that we don't have enough strength in depth to deal with a few key absences and a run of important games at the same time, so the likes of McDonagh or Scullion having to come in considerably weakens our team. That line-up still has a decent chance of winning, but with the cup tie being an important distraction Raith should fancy their chances as well.

1-1.

Things must be bad if raith's slump is now worse than our results for the first quarter of this season. 

Its shite going to see your team play when you have no confidence in their ability to get a point let alone the whole three. From my viewpoint as a Pars fan I'd like to see raith beat every week, but I do feel sorry for the fans having to watch their team get pumped. Been there, done that, and didn't enjoy it one little bit. 

I hope you guys don't give up on your team though, as that won't help your club in the long run. I didn't give up on the Pars, and we are getting things on the park sorted out a bit now. 

Things must be bad if raith's slump is now worse than our results for the first quarter of this season. 
Its shite going to see your team play when you have no confidence in their ability to get a point let alone the whole three. From my viewpoint as a Pars fan I'd like to see raith beat every week, but I do feel sorry for the fans having to watch their team get pumped. Been there, done that, and didn't enjoy it one little bit. 
I hope you guys don't give up on your team though, as that won't help your club in the long run. I didn't give up on the Pars, and we are getting things on the park sorted out a bit now. 

All the Pars recent financial troubles and poor start to the season pale into insignificance when compared to having Locke manage your club. ☹️

16 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

images (35).jpg

I didn't realise we were talking about last season? Let's concentrate on the present!

Moving down4 Morton 22 9 37
No movement5 Queen of Sth 24 -1 31
No movement6 Dunfermline 23 -5 26
Moving up7 Dumbarton 24 -8 25
Moving down8 Raith Rovers 22 -8 25

images (4).png

Fuck sake.

Even Ayr and St. Mirren shouldn't be worried ahead of a game with Raith at the moment, but our attacking injuries are a cause for concern. Hopefully a full strength midfield with McDonagh/Nesbitt/Scullion behind Shankland is still enough to get us the win here, but I fear we'll be back to being totally reliant on set pieces.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Even Ayr and St. Mirren shouldn't be worried ahead of a game with Raith at the moment, but our attacking injuries are a cause for concern. Hopefully a full strength midfield with McDonagh/Nesbitt/Scullion behind Shankland is still enough to get us the win here, but I fear we'll be back to being totally reliant on set pieces.

That's fine, we're fucking horrendous at defending those.

Archived