Match day ritual

Does any have a match day ritual they carry out, or particular clothing they always wear in the belief it'll bring their team luck? 

I have a particular old Pars top I always wear.

Make of this what you will, but I was given the latest top as a gift at the start of the season and was happy to wear it. As the records show the Pars didn't start the season that well, in fact, "piss poor" is a phrase that springs to mind. 

I decided that for this very fixture back in October that I'd wear my faithful old top again. Ok, so we didn't win, but I believed we played better that day than we had for a while. The following game against Hibs was a nightmare best forgotten, but then we drew with Dumbarton the week after. The Dumbarton game was when our fortunes changed, and I like to think my auld shirt is playing a part in our recent wee unbeaten run. 

Anyone esle prepared to admit they have some similar belief? 

21 minutes ago, P475 said:

Does any have a match day ritual they carry out, or particular clothing they always wear in the belief it'll bring their team luck? 

I have a particular old Pars top I always wear.

Make of this what you will, but I was given the latest top as a gift at the start of the season and was happy to wear it. As the records show the Pars didn't start the season that well, in fact, "piss poor" is a phrase that springs to mind. 

I decided that for this very fixture back in October that I'd wear my faithful old top again. Ok, so we didn't win, but I believed we played better that day than we had for a while. The following game against Hibs was a nightmare best forgotten, but then we drew with Dumbarton the week after. The Dumbarton game was when our fortunes changed, and I like to think my auld shirt is playing a part in our recent wee unbeaten run. 

Anyone esle prepared to admit they have some similar belief? 

I always go for a few pints before a match!

On a more serious note, I have to be in whatever town we're playing in before 11.00. I like to find a bookies, put on a bet, then get to a pub for opening time. Sometimes if I'm there earlier then I might go to a Wetherspoons for breakfast.

1 minute ago, Tetragrammaton said:

A bottle of Buckie in the middle of a game. I like your style DA.

If I was so inclined I don't think it would have been an issue to do at that game. It was just a couple of pints at half time (and the first 10 minutes of the second half, resulting in only the 4th and 5th Pars goals I've ever missed at a game in my 26+ years of watching the Pars).

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

If I was so inclined I don't think it would have been an issue to do at that game. It was just a couple of pints at half time (and the first 10 minutes of the second half, resulting in only the 4th and 5th Pars goals I've ever missed at a game in my 26+ years of watching the Pars).

I hope it was a decent pint!

Back when we were making a meal getting out of the 3rd Division, but starting to get our act together, I had to ensure that everything I wore to the game on the Saturday (even boxers and socks) went straight in the wash and was ready for the following week. Don't think I bothered with that grey-pink away top once the season was over, but I was awfully superstitious back then.

I have Morton towel, but never use it on a match day.

As for mere routine these days, I drive to Greenock, drop my daughter at my parents' house and take my dad and son to the Norseman before the game.

20 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Back when we were making a meal getting out of the 3rd Division, but starting to get our act together, I had to ensure that everything I wore to the game on the Saturday (even boxers and socks) went straight in the wash and was ready for the following week. Don't think I bothered with that grey-pink away top once the season was over, but I was awfully superstitious back then.

I have Morton towel, but never use it on a match day.

As for mere routine these days, I drive to Greenock, drop my daughter at my parents' house and take my dad and son to the Norseman before the game.

You evil man.