Cowden v Elgin

9 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Add to that one of the best and most informative programmes in Scottish football, witty terracing banter ( No swearing or foul language allowed by club decree, Aye right! ;) ) and flowing end to end non stop attacking fitba.

image.jpeg

As mentioned by me before all clubs have to announce that before games as directed by the SPFL.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the ref was a bit hasty in calling it off at 2. We had the heavy down pour and there were a few puddles but the long term forecast was for the rain to blow over just after 2, if he had left it a bit later the match probably could have gone ahead.

Waste of money for the Elgin fans and their club on buses etc.

Frustrating to have the game called off at that time. It wasn't raining in Cowden when I arrived at 1425 and it was getting brighter. By that time anyone travelling would either be in town or almost there, worth waiting another half hour before calling it. Sunglasses on all the way back to Lanarkshire too!

11 minutes ago, skinny said:

Frustrating to have the game called off at that time. It wasn't raining in Cowden when I arrived at 1425 and it was getting brighter. By that time anyone travelling would either be in town or almost there, worth waiting another half hour before calling it. Sunglasses on all the way back to Lanarkshire too!

Exactly. Why not wait until nearer kick off. Most fans are already there.

Blue sky now and no rain in sight.

15 minutes ago, skinny said:

1 minute ago, PELE said:

Exactly. Why not wait until nearer kick off. Most fans are already there.

Blue sky now and no rain in sight.

As I said the forecast was for it to clear up,

Central Park is one of the best draining pitches in any of the leagues. This seems strange. The forecast was for it to rain but then stop which it did. Even if there were a couple of puddles on the park I'd bet they weren't there at 1500hrs.

Strange that no other games were postponed. Was it only raining in Cowdenbeath?

Don't think refs like refereeing Cowden games when it's raining!

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Central Park is one of the best draining pitches in any of the leagues. This seems strange. The forecast was for it to rain but then stop which it did. Even if there were a couple of puddles on the park I'd bet they weren't there at 1500hrs.

Strange that no other games were postponed. Was it only raining in Cowdenbeath?

Don't think refs like refereeing Cowden games when it's raining!

As I said I think he could have held off AC.  

41 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Bit of shiter but no point complaining when I don't know the full details. Bad timing as well really cause we've been playing well recently.

Feel sorry for Elgin and anyone who travelled down. Perhaps good timing for Cowden though. Gives the new players a chance to settle in and and means a long midweek trip for the visitors in the rearranged fixture. 

Are any dates due to be set for our postponed games ?

12 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Feel sorry for Elgin and anyone who travelled down. Perhaps good timing for Cowden though. Gives the new players a chance to settle in and and means a long midweek trip for the visitors in the rearranged fixture. 

Are any dates due to be set for our postponed games ?

The SPFL normally get you to start playing games midweek in the last week of February unless both clubs agree to play earlier.

Archived