Cowden v Elgin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wow.

Could be a massive blow to them then. Hopefully they win Saturday and then completely flop and drop out of the play offs. ;)

Good result for Cowden though. Scenes if you catch Clyde!!!!!!

When we catch Clyde!

Hopefully Edinburgh City do us a favour on Saturday and we can do the business and leapfrog Clyde next Tuesday when we play them.

As already said the players attitude, work rate and application tonight was so much better. The team fought for every ball and by the end of the match I felt that Cowden deserved more than one point.

The first half was a fairly even affair but I felt that we dominated the second. Carrick took his goal well from a tight angle and his pace caused the Elgin defence real problems. 

If we maintain the same determination in the remaining games I'm sure the support will be happy. Was frozen by the final whistle but good to leave a game feeling happy and optimistic for a pleasant change.

49 minutes ago, big al said:

Defensive midfielder, in there to sit and protect the defence. Did reasonably well in that role as he doesn't look or play like a traditional midfielder

Not a natural position for him but a tactical move from the manager he also did a full session this morning so knackered at the end I thought he looked to try and paly a pass when he could & not waste possession.

Clyde have 6 home games left and 3 away. Next three at home. The fixtures are in their favour. That's why we need to beat them next Tuesday and then again on 1st April.

We have 4 home and 5 away. Last three are Arbroath, Forfar then Elgin.

We have to win the next handful to have any chance. Fox blew our 'easier' home games because he didn't quit early enough.

Not sure who I want to win tomorrow between City and BuT.

50 minutes ago, big al said:

Deserved a point. Team grew into the game and could have won it 2 nd half.

carrick my mon but everyone was trying really hard and there was even backing from the fans

I think Carrick can be a big player for us and linking well with Renton & Buchanan & the backing from the fans was excellent I was chatting with Neil Irvine who was delighted & excited with their support & I know the players really appreciated it.

9 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

9 cup finals to go. Let's just take each game as they come and not look too far ahead. This could be a crucial point.

Agree. Go out to win every game like it is a cup final. However, you also have to look at the rest of the fixtures. No point being content with a point here and there, then getting to the last three games needing to win two or three of them in desperation. If we are to avoid bottom, we must win most of the upcoming games. Too late for anything else. It's win or bust (hopefully not the latter)

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Considering all the upheaval in the players getting there we did well and put in a good performance.

Yeah. I was worried the bridge problem would hamper some of the players and they would not be switched on enough for the game.

Is it true the lorry driver is a Clyde fan?

2 hours ago, wulliemc said:

It was. There were cowden players still arriving at about 1930

Renton, McGurn,Rumsby and someone else I can't remember who arrived at 1940! Don't know if Brian Ross eventually made it or not. Some of the players had to get the train from South Gyle as well I believe.

Hope that lorry driver gets a severe boot in the stains:lol:

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. I was worried the bridge problem would hamper some of the players and they would not be switched on enough for the game.

Is it true the lorry driver is a Clyde fan?

I worried about that also Pele but we done well. Re the lorry driver, a Clyde fan with a job don't be silly:lol:

10 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I think Carrick can be a big player for us and linking well with Renton & Buchanan & the backing from the fans was excellent I was chatting with Neil Irvine who was delighted & excited with their support & I know the players really appreciated it.

Hoping to see Carrick go on a scoring spree now. Buchanan has been excellent in last three games. He was my MoM in the Stirling game.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

I worried about that also Pele but we done well. Re the lorry driver, a Clyde fan with a job don't be silly:lol:

Maybe he stole the lorry.

Elgin may not be at their best but are easily a better side than Berwick and Stirling and Edinburgh city who we have all just faced. Lacking something upfront which as you say is Sutherland.

Remind me how our last game went m8?

Archived