Cowden v Elgin

Cowdens application again tonight  under the new coaching staff was a massive improvement looking like a team who want to win and didn't make a good Elgin side look like promotion contenders

Credit to the players.

For me they are reacting in an improved manner under the leadership of Locke,Brown and Irvine

Applauded Locke and Brown shouting some encouragment to them at Full time and they seemed to really appreciate it especially Brown

I hope and believe we can stay up as I feel there will be more of a connection with this management team who hopefully we can retain for next season

Let's kick on from here and get 3 points on Saturday

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Cowdens application tonight was a massive improvement looking like a team who want to win and didn't make a good Elgin side look like promotion contenders

Credit to the players.

For me they are reacting in an improved manner under the leadership of Locke,Brown and Irvine

Applauded Locke and Brown shouting some encouragment to them at Full time and they seemed to really appreciate it especially Brown

I hope and believe we can stay up as I feel there will be more of a connection with this management team who hopefully we can retain for next season

The players were brilliant down at Berwick on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Where did Syme fit into the team? How did he play?

Defensive midfielder, in there to sit and protect the defence. Did reasonably well in that role as he doesn't look or play like a traditional midfielder

Do not agree Elgin are a good side.We were until a month ago when we were scoring goals for fun. Since Shane Sutherland has been injured we have been poor and at best average.We should have just enough to hold 4th place but will need a couple of wins.Shane was injured again tonight only lasting a few minutes. The other players have got to be mentally stronger  and show we are more than a one man team

4 minutes ago, elginer said:

Do not agree Elgin are a good side.We were until a month ago when we were scoring goals for fun. Since Shane Sutherland has been injured we have been poor and at best average.We should have just enough to hold 4th place but will need a couple of wins.Shane was injured again tonight only lasting a few minutes. The other players have got to be mentally stronger  and show we are more than a one man team

Elgin may not be at their best but are easily a better side than Berwick and Stirling and Edinburgh city who we have all just faced. Lacking something upfront which as you say is Sutherland.

Great effort and if anything we should have won it. We had by far the better chances.

Same workrate as Saturday but Elgin were much better than Berwick, looking pretty sharp first half without too much real threat. No 6 looked superb and maybe only that old too. No 11 was given plenty of space and could have really hurt us.

Second half I was worried we would waste the ball with the wind but we didnt really and the Elgin keeper maybe hesitated or thought Carrick wouldnt reach the ball but a great finish for a more than deserved point.

Elgin fell out of it completely second half.

Fair play to the away fans who made it down and must have been pissed off with the delayed kick off.

The crowd were much more behind the team tonight. Bring on Saturday.

Did Sutherland come on and then go off again then aye??

17 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

I know and Locke was involved in encouraging the players at Berwick despite taking a backseat

I think Hastings and O'Brien deserve the credit for Saturday's victory. They worked with the players during the week and set them up.

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Elgin may not be at their best but are easily a better side than Berwick and Stirling and Edinburgh city who we have all just faced. Lacking something upfront which as you say is Sutherland.

That'll be the Stirling that beat Elgin a few weeks ago.

Saturday is a must win now.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Did Sutherland come on and then go off again then aye??

Sutherland replaced Sutherland and had to go off himself shortly after that.

Sutherland replaced Sutherland and had to go off himself shortly after that.

Wow.

Could be a massive blow to them then. Hopefully they win Saturday and then completely flop and drop out of the play offs. ;)

Good result for Cowden though. Scenes if you catch Clyde!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Cowdens application again tonight  under the new coaching staff was a massive improvement looking like a team who want to win and didn't make a good Elgin side look like promotion contenders

Credit to the players.

Steady on. The new management team have only been in charge for one game. Far too early to talk about next season.

I hope they do really well. The team are good enough to win most of the remaining games. Just a pity Fox didn't go earlier.

Archived