Cowden v Elgin

Lets have a match thread for a change. What could possibly go wrong? ;) 

Cowden are rock bottom so hopefully the only way is up. We have fresh new options to choose from, have cut out some dead wood and are still within touching distance of the teams above us. Still all to play for and every Cowden fan will hope that the boards backing of Fox with more scarce resources works out for the best.

Elgin are a team who many people feel play some of the best football in the league ( not saying much, cough! ). They will surely be looking upon this as a great chance of an away win but will expect a hard game.

Obviously from a Cowden perspective I'm looking for an improvement and hope to see a bit more belief and determination from the players. We need to kick on and the time to do it is now.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well summed up by Only Coo in the Village. Like all games in this league it will be close. Elgin's away form can be a bit scratchy but if they turn up I'm confident of a win. Either way won't be 0 0. For what it's worth don't think Cowdenbeath will finish bottom. They are improving and only a couple of decent results away from getting some confidence and kicking on. I think Edinburgh will finish bottom unless Berwick make a complete ¥€#€ of it!

21 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Well summed up by Only Coo in the Village. Like all games in this league it will be close. Elgin's away form can be a bit scratchy but if they turn up I'm confident of a win. Either way won't be 0 0. For what it's worth don't think Cowdenbeath will finish bottom. They are improving and only a couple of decent results away from getting some confidence and kicking on. I think Edinburgh will finish bottom unless Berwick make a complete ¥€#€ of it!

Cowden have the players at last.  Now it isjust about belief/confidence (and the correct selection!)

Over to you Mr Fox.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden have the players at last.  Now it isjust about belief/confidence (and the correct selection!)

Over to you Mr Fox.

Yeah, the correct selection.

P.S. I wasn't serious about 0-0.

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Elgin's away form can be a bit scratchy

I've seen this being mentioned a few times this season and whilst it's been true in recent seasons, Elgin's home and away records so far this season are almost identical. Borough Briggs was a fortress last season but they've already dropped more points there this season than they did in the whole of 2015/16. And they've already won more away games than they did the whole of last year, with a record only behind Forfar and Arbroath.

14 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Partick fans used to rave about the red puddings :rolleyes:

Add to that one of the best and most informative programmes in Scottish football, witty terracing banter ( No swearing or foul language allowed by SPFL decree, Aye right! ;) ) and flowing end to end non stop attacking fitba.

Edited for accuracy.

image.jpeg

Archived