Edinburgh vs Clyde

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Practically nothing of note happened in the first half. The ball spent most of the time up in the air or being chased about by the ball boys who incidentally showed more movement than the majority of the Clyde side today. On the ball boys, would not be a good idea to give each one a spare ball? The amount of time wasted waiting for the ball to be retrieved was ridiculous.

Edinburgh lined up exactly as we would expect. It's a carbon copy of the Alloa side from the 90's who we also struggled against.

Yes, with ball boys like these, Plan B (The long grass) and Plan C (Moving the advertising boards nearer the pitch) never came in to play.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue  Fourteen (2).png

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes, the Steak Pie (East Fife, Elgin and Annan have the best Steak Pies) wasn't so runny this week but it could still do with a bit more beefing up to get a 10 in my book, (I gave it an 8). I had the Mine Pie too before kick-off - Firm, moist and not greasy at all either (Gets a 9 out of 10. Arbroath has the best Mince Pie)

Our co-editor Jackie is the one who gets the Macaroni Pies to taste (7 out of 10). Her secret recipe includes putting a bit of English mustard in her home made ones.

Complaint today was they had gone up by 50p. I didn't notice as they were so bad last time. :)

12 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

Complaint today was they had gone up by 50p. I didn't notice as they were so bad last time. :)

Yes, the prices went up two weeks ago at the Forfar game (from £1.50 to £2 for a pie). Some other league 2 grounds also charge £2 for a pie now but I forget which. The tea cups are smaller too. They used to be giant size. 

Listened to the manager's interview after yesterday's game
Seemed a bit of a ramble are least he did say that we have to get into the top four (which on present form is a pipe dream ) he sounded as if he has simply run out of ideas just the same stuff week after week He did say that the cup.is a break from league buisness , could call it a distraction from our league woes (and it is )
But we haven't won away from home in all competions since October and haven't won a league game since 15th October
On present form target is simply to stay in the league and that is an shocking indictment on the whole club top to bottom

haven't won a league game since 15th October

We won against Berwick Rangers on the 19th of November.

Still terrible though.

We still resort to the same tactic of hoofball.

The manager is responsible for this.
Also the players that we keep hearing are the best squad we've had in a long time.

If the person who does the post match interviews or if anyone on here knows him; can I request that he asks a specific question,

"what is the situation with Matty Flynn, is there a reason why he is not starting regularly"

"Do you simply not rate him or is there an issue with him that we don't know about"

Just a guess, but maybe the difference is with the cup games they go into it thinking they've a chance of progressing

Whereas due to the last couple of months, with the league they've lost momentum. The title's been gone for some time, confidence taken a hit or whatever, just lost that edge

Best thing they can do is approach it that the season starts now, forget previous months, and just go out looking to win every game, try and get on a run. 

Manager's right though, they have to get into the Top 4. Anything else isn't a disappointment, it's a disaster

I don't see us getting near the top 4 we are dire to watch at the moment, they are still playing like a bunch of players bereft of any game plan apart from the hoofball that we have to pay £12 for the privilege to watch. 

This season is a write off as far as I'm concerned now, a nice wee cup run is the best we'll achieve this year. After the ayr game I don't know if I'll be bothered to go to anymore games because we are so amateur to watch its unbelievable. I've been everywhere and followed the team through the good and the bad but now I dread going to the football. 

The steak pie I had was good though. 

We won against Berwick Rangers on the 19th of November.

Still terrible though.

We still resort to the same tactic of hoofball.

The manager is responsible for this.
Also the players that we keep hearing are the best squad we've had in a long time.

Wasn't very clear but I was talking about winning away from home

We won three times at home in that period

Wasn't very clear but I was talking about winning away from home

We won three times at home in that period

To be honest, the run that we are on is a disgrace anyway.

The manager and the players should be embarrassed. The manager is not as good as he thinks he is and the players are not as good as the fans thought. Perhaps the players are, in reality, lower league two players. Alternatively they are all cheating the fans.

Cup wins against Arbroath and a very poor Stirling side are not enough for me.

Just a guess, but maybe the difference is with the cup games they go into it thinking they've a chance of progressing
Whereas due to the last couple of months, with the league they've lost momentum. The title's been gone for some time, confidence taken a hit or whatever, just lost that edge
Best thing they can do is approach it that the season starts now, forget previous months, and just go out looking to win every game, try and get on a run. 
Manager's right though, they have to get into the Top 4. Anything else isn't a disappointment, it's a disaster

Well the club better put in place a disaster recovery plan :)

Would be interesting to know if the cup bonuses were bigger than the league win bonus

If the person who does the post match interviews or if anyone on here knows him; can I request that he asks a specific question,
"what is the situation with Matty Flynn, is there a reason why he is not starting regularly"
 "Do you simply not rate him or is there an issue with him that we don't know about"

I would be curious to know the answer to this. It would also be interesting to know why Higgins gets selected game after game.

Can anyone, who has perhaps played at a decent level and maybe has a greater understanding of the game than me, perhaps hazard a guess why Higgins is in the team?

I'm genuinely stumped.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I would be curious to know the answer to this. It would also be interesting to know why Higgins gets selected game after game.

Can anyone, who has perhaps played at a decent level and maybe has a greater understanding of the game than me, perhaps hazard a guess why Higgins is in the team?

I'm genuinely stumped.

Why flynn isn't given a run of games is beyond me! 

Peaso, Easton, lowdon, Linton,  mcneil and Mcmillan are the only really good players we have flynn fergie and mackenzie are good league 2 players,   the rest are duds  

Been a lot of ifs and buts this season re injured players. No doubt it has affected overall performance of the team but cannot excuse individual performances.

I was at the Arbroath game last week with three mates. Last time we were at a game was 3-3 Annan in March. They were shocked at how poor we were compared to that day.

4 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Well the club better put in place a disaster recovery plan :)

Would be interesting to know if the cup bonuses were bigger than the league win bonus

I know what you're gettin at but I doubt that's a factor

Starting this season with a weaker defence than we ended the last one probably is, usually having to score 2 or 3 a game just to make sure we get something.  That in itself over time erodes confidence 

Don't doubt the players want to reach the playoffs and it's easy to say determined to do so, but I just wonder when they're out on the pitch if they really believe that themselves. 

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm genuinely stumped.

Have to admit I don't get that either

The only position Higgins has ever proved reasonably effective is up front, chipped in with a few goals when played there. He's being asked to do a job Flynn's better at. 

Can only assume it's either something the manager sees in training or it's to accomodate some idea of a system that in theory he thinks will work...eventually....

Archived