St Johnstone Football Club V Glasgow Celtic Football Club 5/2/17

Had he given a penalty for the challenge on Swanson it would have been the wrong decision. Hard to criticise the ref for that one, especially when he made a mess of so many other decisions.

You think it's the wrong decision, a panel of neutral pundits and ex-players all agreed it's a penalty. The reason you say that, is because you're a Celtic fan and are trying to justify you getting an abhorrent decision that you know has helped you massively. Two wrong decisions have decided the outcome of this game today.

For what it's worth how Lustig and Boyata both didn't get booked for beyond me. 2 professional fouls and simply walked away.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

What you mean 3-1? The Swanson one was never a penalty.

Look at it again - Brown hits Swanson's knee which causes him to lose his balance

Corrupt refereeing by Scottish referees again in full evidence today - Peter will be happy though as his boys did the job for him again

Just now, Widge said:

You think it's the wrong decision, a panel of neutral pundits and ex-players all agreed it's a penalty. The reason you say that, is because you're a Celtic fan and are trying to justify you getting an abhorrent decision that you know has helped you massively. Two wrong decisions have decided the outcome of this game today.

For what it's worth how Lustig and Boyata both didn't get booked for beyond me. 2 professional fouls and simply walked away.

I have no idea what the panel said, I was watching an online feed that was coming via Celtic TV. I just thought Swanson played for it and went down too easily.

I'm not trying to justify anything, the ref made a cunt of a lot of decisions today, he was inconsistent in his calls and cards and the penalty Celtic got was a horrendous call.

No one should be surprised though, Thompson has made a career out of performances like that.

I didn't slag your disabled kids and take offence at the inference 

Good! I take offence to people like you suggesting that I should be going out of my way on a Sunday to travel from Clydebank to Perth on public transport with a disabled child. I also take offence to people suggesting his disability is down to incest because their team lost a fucking football match.

My kids wellbeing is more important to me than going to a football match. It doesn't surprise me that someone like you doesn't understand though.

I reckon if Swanson had just continued his run at Brown a pen would be the only decision. I felt he made a decision to go over that was too obvious and the ref didnt buy it.

Worth noting Sandaza once knocked a ball past a Celtic player and got absolutely smashed in the knees, and didn't get a penalty.

And that Anderson, just two weeks ago, got barged in the back while going for a cross, and we didn't get a penalty.

These things even themselves out though, and refs are equally shit for everyone, so we just need to shut up and meekly live on

17 minutes ago, The OP said:

Game defining moments indeed. The other 4 Celtic goals notwithstanding.

Supporting Celtic isn't like following some country bumpkin outfit. We sold out our allocation today. I wouldn't have gone anyway because I knew I'd be extremely hungover today.

Yeah very true We were charging Rip off prices and the thickos still bought them all.Lotsa lovely money in the bank.We really should up it to 30. Or 35 quid a ticket...open season on mugs 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Instead of being 3-1 up, we ended up at 2-2, because of the referees decision.

I've zero doubt that Celtic would've scored at least once more regardless, but you can't debate the fact the referee changed the game today.

Celtic fans don't do "debate" - but they do do ridicule, condescension, hypocriscy, entitlement and bigotry.

Archived