St Johnstone Football Club V Glasgow Celtic Football Club 5/2/17

2 hours ago, shiltrum said:

I did not see a penalty awarded to Sevco whit match did you watch ffs. You seriously!!!!! think Celtic are the establishment club,give me strength, there is a word used on here that describes you perfectly "ZOOMER" .

Celtic are very much part of the establishment.A big soulless corporate machine.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think he tripped him more of a obstructive challenge but it was a penalty Craig Thomson like the rest are useless with me being a fully paid-up member of The Paranoid Club speak with authoritative reason having been a witness of said decisions being given over many seasons and for no apparent logical reason.

Are we forgetting this scenario (us getting into the game and threatening, then denied a clear penalty, Celtic awarded one for nothing minutes later) happened a couple of seasons back when Boerrigter dived and got Mackay sent off, not long after a Celtic player had punched a chip over him away with his hand?

Obviously though, it evens itself out.

46 minutes ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

Celtic are very much part of the establishment.A big soulless corporate machine.

;) They can be like a soulless machine but part of the establishment where have you been for the last 60+ years. I guess you have to be able to stand back and recognise the inequality and downright skullduggery of the things that were going on. Don't forget if the City of London Police had not raided Ibrox when they did it would have all been kept quiet. The Financial Crisis helped as well of course. Part of the Establishment my Bahookie.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are we forgetting this scenario (us getting into the game and threatening, then denied a clear penalty, Celtic awarded one for nothing minutes later) happened a couple of seasons back when Boerrigter dived and got Mackay sent off, not long after a Celtic player had punched a chip over him away with his hand?

Whitabootery.

15 minutes ago, shiltrum said:

;) They can be like a soulless machine but part of the establishment where have you been for the last 60+ years. I guess you have to be able to stand back and recognise the inequality and downright skullduggery of the things that were going on. Don't forget if the City of London Police had not raided Ibrox when they did it would have all been kept quiet. The Financial Crisis helped as well of course. Part of the Establishment my Bahookie.

Why do OF fans talk about 'establishment club' like it's some sort of WWF title.

It reminds me of when I was 13 years old and seeing Stone Cold take on 'the Corporation'.  Difference being Celtic fans see this as some sort of reality and they really are some freedom fighting, poverty in the DNA rebel band of down trodden souls fighting against 'the establishment'.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Still banging on wit this "clear penalty" nonsense?

Debatable at the very most.

Still banging on wit this "clear penalty" nonsense?
Debatable at the very most.

I'm just comparing it to the other decisions he made that day. A couple of similar incidents occurred and free kicks were given.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just comparing it to the other decisions he made that day. A couple of similar incidents occurred and free kicks were given.

So, you agree then, nowhere near being a "clear penalty" yet it has you in tears.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why do OF fans talk about 'establishment club' like it's some sort of WWF title.

It reminds me of when I was 13 years old and seeing Stone Cold take on 'the Corporation'.  Difference being Celtic fans see this as some sort of reality and they really are some freedom fighting, poverty in the DNA rebel band of down trodden souls fighting against 'the establishment'.

You may have to read some previous posts to see what context I used establishment for. As for having poverty in my DNA you don't know me and what my lifestyle is like but unlike some I did not forget where I came from no sense of entitlement in my family.

ps OF? There is no OF just thought I would clear that up

So, you agree then, nowhere near being a "clear penalty" yet it has you in tears.

He was awarding fouls for that type of challenge. Ergo that type of challenge is a foul. It occurred in the box so it's a foul in the box. Which is a penalty.

He was awarding fouls for that type of challenge. Ergo that type of challenge is a foul. It occurred in the box so it's a foul in the box. Which is a penalty.

If a Rangers or Celtic fan was saying things like this you'd be slaughtering them for it.

I'm sure it will all even out over the course of the season, so we should get a penalty at Celtic Park at some point in the next 20 years. Would be interesting to see the last time we got a penalty there.

If a Rangers or Celtic fan was saying things like this you'd be slaughtering them for it.

No I wouldn't.

Its just another example of how referees treat incidents against Celtic, and for Celtic, differently.

Hes maybe not 100% sure Swanson's been fouled, so doesn't give a penalty. Then there's no way he can be 100% sure Watsons handballed it, but he gives it.

It's not a level playing field.

Archived