St Johnstone Football Club V Glasgow Celtic Football Club 5/2/17

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it was a complete sucker punch, and they were clearly riled by it. They lost their concentration and Celtic punished us with the quality they have. I'm not blaming the ref for it finishing 5-2, I'm blaming the ref being the game changer.

If Dembele comes on, scores a screamer to make it 2-2 and we collapse from that sucker punch then fine, I blame the players. A referee shouldn't be making such an impact on the game, with such a poor decision, not at this level.

It happens every week to one of the teams in the league. We all know the refs are shite.

However, players need to deal with it, It's simply unprofessional to collapse and give in just because a decision went against you.

I really hope you have no disabled family now or in the future you knuckle dragger

I wouldn't waste your time on him mate, he has a major issue with me for some reason.

A Dundee fan absolutely raging that st johnstone lost a football match. That's how weird he is.

It happens every week to one of the teams in the league. We all know the refs are shite.

However, players need to deal with it, It's simply unprofessional to collapse and give in just because a decision went against you.

Yes, but it happens almost every season we play Celtic. That's not even an over reaction, as it genuinely does.

Regardless, results like this in the past generally fire the squad up, and I'm delighted our next games in the Cup due to that.

57 minutes ago, Romeo said:

:lol:

Of course we would complain, and you'd be on here with the seething gifs and telling us our heads were gone.

That's pretty much how the site works.

I wouldn't be posting gifs or talking about heads gone. Not done it yet, not going to start.

I merely pointed out that there would be a similar (and far bigger) reaction had the same happened to Celtic in one of the only games where it is realistically likely to occur.

51 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

It wasn't a penalty but St Johnstone were still well in it and shouldn't have just chucked the toys out the pram and given up.

Maybe but such a bad decision is always going to affect a team, especially off the back of the Swanson call. I'm not sure Clark really had another save to make before Dembele made it 3-2, then after that MacLean goes close with his header. We could have done better for the fourth from where it all started and the fifth is of no real consequence. I'd agree we'd given up by that point but were still going until the fourth.

Happy with the performance despite the heavy nature of the defeat and on another day, with a component official, we hopefully take something from the game.

I wouldn't be posting gifs or talking about heads gone. Not done it yet, not going to start.
I merely pointed out that there would be a similar (and far bigger) reaction had the same happened to Celtic in one of the only games where it is realistically likely to occur.

Will be interesting to see the reaction if they lose 2-1 to Caley in the Cup next week with penalty decisions identical to those today but against them.

Suppose that would be this mythical "evening itself out" in action though, and they'll all just accept it.

Yes, but it happens almost every season we play Celtic. That's not even an over reaction, as it genuinely does.

Regardless, results like this in the past generally fire the squad up, and I'm delighted our next games in the Cup due to that.

That is an over reaction. I don't remember seeing decisions as bad as that one today. The last time I seen one that bad was against us in the semi final against Caley.

That is an over reaction. I don't remember seeing decisions as bad as that one today. The last time I seen one that bad was against us in the semi final against Caley.

Should probably pay more attention then. Swanson literally being dragged off the pitch in headlock, and a goal kick being given, was as bad as the penalty

I wouldn't waste your time on him mate, he has a major issue with me for some reason.

A Dundee fan absolutely raging that st johnstone lost a football match. That's how weird he is.

Not bothering any more.

A lot of confused and angry people about.

Anyway I'm away to have a beer and celebrate being champions of Scotland

[emoji38]

I have no issue with you, other than agreeing with Jimmy85's assertion that you are "absolute fucking vermin". Your breakdown on the Celtic - Dundee thread is there for all to see. It's also pretty funny.

Kudos on transferring your headsgone over to GN as well. [emoji38]

[emoji38]

I have no issue with you, other than agreeing with Jimmy85's assertion that you are "absolute fucking vermin". Your breakdown on the Celtic - Dundee thread is there for all to see. It's also pretty funny.

Kudos on transferring your headsgone over to GN as well. [emoji38]

Your breakdown here has been rather funny as well

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Aye but let a Celtic supporter complain about the guy in the middle and sit back and watch the shit hit the fan. He called it wrong it happens but it should not the standard is crap and has been for ages.

7 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Look at it again - Brown hits Swanson's knee which causes him to lose his balance

Corrupt refereeing by Scottish referees again in full evidence today - Peter will be happy though as his boys did the job for him again

IMG_-1ate26.jpg

Archived