St Johnstone Football Club V Glasgow Celtic Football Club 5/2/17

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, andrewh said:

It's quite simple. The referee made a number of blatantly incorrect decisions today. They happened to benefit one side only and helped changed the game.

Imagine a Champions' League qualifier where Celtic's progress depended on it, or (unlikely I know) an OF cup final, and Celtic had fought back from a goal down to lead 2-1 and then were denied a penalty claim and their opponents were then awarded one like the Watson "handball" and went on to win the game. Would Celtic fans complain much?

head totally gone

13 minutes ago, andrewh said:

It's quite simple. The referee made a number of blatantly incorrect decisions today. They happened to benefit one side only and helped changed the game.

Imagine a Champions' League qualifier where Celtic's progress depended on it, or (unlikely I know) an OF cup final, and Celtic had fought back from a goal down to lead 2-1 and then were denied a penalty claim and their opponents were then awarded one like the Watson "handball" and went on to win the game. Would Celtic fans complain much?

:lol:

Of course we would complain, and you'd be on here with the seething gifs and telling us our heads were gone.

That's pretty much how the site works.

baw hits defender everybody shouts PENALTY everybody looks at the ref he is pointing to the spot everybody shouts YYYAAAASSS missed the bit where the ref says play on 30 minutes to go 2-2 game on,BANG BANG BANG (B.A Robertson) what a second half roll on the invincible's.  
ps. the saints are the only team that could beat Celtic this season

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

baw hits defender everybody shouts PENALTY everybody looks at the ref he is pointing to the spot everybody shouts YYYAAAASSS missed the bit where the ref says play on 30 minutes to go 2-2 game on,BANG BANG BANG (B.A Robertson) what a second half roll on the invincible's.  
ps. the saints are the only team that could beat Celtic this season

Image result for enigma machine

It wasn't a penalty but St Johnstone were still well in it and shouldn't have just chucked the toys out the pram and given up.

They've run their arses off for an hour and taken a lead, and within a second, for no reason, all that hard works undone. Add in the fact we were under a constant onslaught because our outball (Cummins) was being dragged down without a hint of free kick, while when we tried to keep the ball with Swanson, he simply got dragged to the ground and play off allowed.

They've run their arses off for an hour and taken a lead, and within a second, for no reason, all that hard works undone. Add in the fact we were under a constant onslaught because our outball (Cummins) was being dragged down without a hint of free kick, while when we tried to keep the ball with Swanson, he simply got dragged to the ground and play off allowed.

So why couldn't they had run their arses off for another half an hour?

It was a shite decision but there's still plenty of time to hold out for the draw or get the winner.

Your own players are more to blame than the ref for giving up

Both he and yourself claimed that Tam was abusing a disabled child and that he'd deleted his post. Both of which were lies. For somebody with such a massive paranoia problem, to then falsely accuse people of something and not apologise when proven otherwise is laughable. 
Will you both now apologise to Tam? 

The post was deleted for a period of time so stop talking pish.

I've spoken to Tam and we are fine.

Both he and yourself claimed that Tam was abusing a disabled child and that he'd deleted his post. Both of which were lies. For somebody with such a massive paranoia problem, to then falsely accuse people of something and not apologise when proven otherwise is laughable. 
Will you both now apologise to Tam? 

The post was deleted earlier.

Someone liked my reply, I clicked on the notification and both my post and the original were gone.

Maybe a mod can shine some light on it.

To suggest a poster having a disabled child is the result of interbreeding is in very poor taste and I doubt many of the simpletons lapping it up would be doing so if they had disabled kids.

It's all a laugh as the poster is a Celtic fan though

See Inverness semi final 2015 for your answer .

Was that the game where their sub keeper took out eddie ofere and not even a free kick when they should have had an outfielder in goal?

So why couldn't they had run their arses off for another half an hour?

It was a shite decision but there's still plenty of time to hold out for the draw or get the winner.

Your own players are more to blame than the ref for giving up

Because it was a complete sucker punch, and they were clearly riled by it. They lost their concentration and Celtic punished us with the quality they have. I'm not blaming the ref for it finishing 5-2, I'm blaming the ref being the game changer.

If Dembele comes on, scores a screamer to make it 2-2 and we collapse from that sucker punch then fine, I blame the players. A referee shouldn't be making such an impact on the game, with such a poor decision, not at this level.

Archived