Hibernian v Ayr United

According to Hibs.Net, it was the ball-boys fault...

:1eye

1.'Ball boys were a joke today. Chasing the game at 1-0 down, and even at 1-1. Zero urgency, do they not understand the game or get encouraged before hand? The one behind the goal at the south end didn't get up once. Sack them all, disgrace'

2.'I actually thought this today as well, although I feel a bit rubbish blaming kids.

I'd have thought there would be some kind of instructions before the game that if we're behind we should get the ball back as quickly as possible.

There were times during the second half that the lack of urgency had me wondering - do we want to win this ******g league or what?'

3.'Not buying their minds will wander PB. I mind years ago they would fight to get the ball now they are lazy ****s simple as that.'

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

What a minter Lennon has had with Cummings. Gets embarrassed into playing him after he bails him out at Morton, our form turns around to the point of looking comfortable at the top and as soon as he feels it's safe to do so, drops the guy again. Only to have to throw him on again and score :lol:

If it was just a case of a team that's 8 points clear putting in a sloppy performance and dropping points to relegation candidates, fine - shan to watch but it happens. What's cretinous from Lennon is that we have a derby next week and instead of running up a score today in preparation, he's indulging his manchild beef with a 21 year old.

I'd let him see it out this year but if I was Dempster or Petrie, I'd be thinking about a new manager for next year. We'll be bottom 6 jobbers next year if he's in charge.

Spot on post, m9. I'd love to here what his justification was for leaving him out today. Shinnie needs punted. Fontaine and Keatings too. There's going to be boys like Walker and Goncalves running at Fontaine next weekend. Fuck sake. 

6 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Absolutely pathetic that we can't break down these teams when they go ahead. 

It'll probably finish 0-1.

6 hours ago, LondonHibsFan said:

We haven't come from behind to win at home all season. At the very most we're getting a point, and even that's looking unlikely.

Lennon's response when we're losing is to start taking off midfielders for strikers until we have about six guys up front and a shapeless mess of a team. It doesn't work on any level. a) We don't actually look any more threatening with a bunch of guys running into each other (literally at one point today) and b) even extremely limited teams are able to bring the ball out from the back with ease and completely kill off any pressure we're trying to put on.

In stuff like that Scotsman article last week (which was an interesting read tbf) he talks himself up as some student of the game. I'd love to know where he's ever seen this work.

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Spot on post, m9. I'd love to here what his justification was for leaving him out today. Shinnie needs punted. Fontaine and Keatings too. There's going to be boys like Walker and Goncalves running at Fontaine next weekend. Fuck sake. 

Wanted Shinnie to get one final chance in his actual position but he really is done. Fontaine should be transferring his wages straight to McGregor for doing his job for him every week. The amount McGregor tidies up for Fontaine is actually embarrassing.

Keatings playing centre mid for the last 15 mins today sums up Lennon at times tbh.

Far too many off the pace, Shinnie is finished.

The wee man who is 6, who knows absolutely fuck all about football apart from Hibs play in green & white, even he knows that Shinnie is a shite player.

This is Lennon all over, surely. Makes a half decent fist of managing the team with the biggest budget in the league without ever displaying any particular philosophy or insight into the game. You guys will surely still win the league on the basis of having the biggest and most expensive squad but Lennon can only pish with the tiny ginger cock he's got. If you wanted a visionary you should have gone for Cathro, or someone of his ilk. That would have had the potential for excellence but equally for disaster. At least with Lennon you know he can numbly steer a group of talented players over the line against weaker teams.

What a minter Lennon has had with Cummings. Gets embarrassed into playing him after he bails him out at Morton, our form turns around to the point of looking comfortable at the top and as soon as he feels it's safe to do so, drops the guy again. Only to have to throw him on again and score :lol:
If it was just a case of a team that's 8 points clear putting in a sloppy performance and dropping points to relegation candidates, fine - shan to watch but it happens. What's cretinous from Lennon is that we have a derby next week and instead of running up a score today in preparation, he's indulging his manchild beef with a 21 year old.
I'd let him see it out this year but if I was Dempster or Petrie, I'd be thinking about a new manager for next year. We'll be bottom 6 jobbers next year if he's in charge.

I'm sure you will make the championship play offs next year. And this probably [emoji106]

6 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Lennon's response when we're losing is to start taking off midfielders for strikers until we have about six guys up front and a shapeless mess of a team.

:lol:

Walter Smith was really bad for doing this when he was at the ****. 

I said at the start of the season, Lennon will probably scream and shout at your squad enough to get them out the championship but beyond that he'll do nothing.

I'd play Forster next weekend. Slightly less likely to have a disaster I reckon.

Well, that was nice.

Hibs had loads of ball but only a few crosses from Gray that actually looked threatening. It was a bit disappointing to lose the equaliser in the end.

Good day for us with other results going our way. Next month or so is massive.

Well that was shite. Team only realised we were actually playing when Laidlaw was picking the ball out the net. No idea what the fuck Humphrey was doing, seemed terrified to take his man on in favour of simply passing it back to Gray. 

Too many times we saw Gray & McGregor holding their arms out with the ball at their feet because no one was offering for the pass. Shinnie in generally is just utter shite and should've been punted back to Birmingham in Jan. 

Please can we NEVER play Graham again? I would rather we brought Scott Martin on to try and play balls through to Holt & Cummings instead of this selfish huddy.

Only highlight was hoping throughout the game that the linesman in front of the East would step on the banana laying on the touchline and go A over T

Today isn't a huge disaster because we still find ourselves six points clear (mainly due to Fat Bitch Commons) with a far superior goal difference. Do I feel comfortable that we'll win the league? Nope.

Lennon comes across as being totally clueless. He's also signed utter shite with Shinnie/Graham/Holt and is yet to have a settled starting eleven every week and we're into February. Get us promoted then kindly fuck off, Lenny. 

12 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

get them out the championship but beyond that he'll do nothing.

Exactly. He's experienced enough of being in this position to have us doing the basics well enough most of the time. That'll do for this season but it's obvious from watching him fail to deal with any slight challenge that comes our way, that we'll do fuck all next year.

London's stat there about 0 wins from losing positions is a minter for Lennon. He won't have a half a goal per game defence in the top flight and that's where an inability to chase a game becomes a big problem.

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Today isn't a huge disaster because we still find ourselves six points clear (mainly due to Fat Bitch Commons) with a far superior goal difference. Do I feel comfortable that we'll win the league? Nope.

Lennon comes across as being totally clueless. He's also signed utter shite with Shinnie/Graham/Holt and is yet to have a settled starting eleven every week and we're into February. Get us promoted then kindly fuck off, Lenny. 

Not for the league but it's a shite way to prepare for a derby.

Great performance from ayr today every player done us proud ...obviously hibs were all over us and we had a bit of luck ....am usual first on robbie crawfords case he played brilliantly ..and even managed to get a shot away and scored ....dont know what hibs fans are gurning about your 6 points clear at the top of the league ....well done super ayr

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Great performance from ayr today every player done us proud ...obviously hibs were all over us and we had a bit of luck ....am usual first on robbie crawfords case he played brilliantly ..and even managed to get a shot away and scored ....dont know what hibs fans are gurning about your 6 points clear at the top of the league ....well done super ayr

Except Harkins who was his usual lazy disinterested inept self.

Archived