Cow-down-beath  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

It's all well and good laughing at Berwick, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, and Stirling, but will the possible winners of the Highland-Lowland play-off be anywhere near strong enough to oust a League 2 club over two matches? Buckie Thistle, Spartans, East Kilbride, and such don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of punters, and Edinburgh City really only managed to get promoted due to the lucky timing of the penalty they got against East Stirlingshire.

I think you're being a bit naïve!

East Kilbride have a really decent squad (including league-standard players like Crawford and Strachan), and plenty of money in the bank from the Celtic cup tie. I'd be very surprised if they didn't get past whoever finishes bottom of the league (assuming they can overcome Buckie/Cove...)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually always thought Cowdenbeath had a pretty decent travelling support for the size of their home crowds. Wouldn't like to see them go down. But they are not in the playoffs yet. Annan down still could get dragged down into 10th but games ticking by now.
The EK chairman watched us in the mid week cup tie at Queens when we were between managers. Hopefully a wasted journey as The Mo look to have turned a corner and looking up not down.

10 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

Actually always thought Cowdenbeath had a pretty decent travelling support for the size of their home crowds. Wouldn't like to see them go down. But they are not in the playoffs yet. Annan down still could get dragged down into 10th but games ticking by now.
The EK chairman watched us in the mid week cup tie at Queens when we were between managers. Hopefully a wasted journey as The Mo look to have turned a corner and looking up not down.

Genuinely looks like Montrose have turned a corner.

what has changed to bring this about? Just a change in manager or other things contributed?

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

I think you're being a bit naïve!

East Kilbride have a really decent squad (including league-standard players like Crawford and Strachan), and plenty of money in the bank from the Celtic cup tie. I'd be very surprised if they didn't get past whoever finishes bottom of the league (assuming they can overcome Buckie/Cove...)

East Kilbride have already beaten us in the cup, although they didn't look anything special they did play for a decent spell with 10 men. They all worked hard for each other.

what has changed to bring this about? Just a change in manager or other things contributed?

Montrose have always had decent players the main problem was hegarty. He never had a clue kept playing players in the wrong positions dropping the best players. Last season Montrose were in the top 4 until they picked up 7 or 8 injuries to key players that's when it started to go down hill. I think Montrose have a chance of being in the top four or very close would be surprised if we were in the relegation battle

I've not been to many games recently with work and also spending leave time away. But talking to friends and the impression I'm getting is the manager has a game plan for who we are playing. He can change as the game changes with players responding to him. Playing people in their most effective position.
So the manager for me is the catalyst for the improvement.
Doing the job of manager's in any walk of life really, getting the best out of your team.

EK will be a much harder test than Edinburgh City

Also still a very real possibility that it will be the 2 of them in that play off

You better hope not. If you're still in this division then the last thing you want is a team that's better than one you've lost and drawn with over the course of three games!

Astonishing that a narrow Scottish Cup win for Clyde against fellow Division 2 strugglers has prompted a pop at Cowdenbeath. The only way that Clyde can avoid their decline into the inevitable is a change in management. Not going to happen though is it? Feel sorry for the decent Bully Wee fans...

Clyde must have won a game for a change. Suddenly back to being world beaters:lol: Gotta love the Barry bashers

My preferred option would be for Clyde to go down and never be seen again. Makes sense.

Be sad to see Cowden go down although I quite enjoy not being Fife's worst team for a change. A miracle what they have achieved this past decade with such a poor support and god awful stadium. Credit where credit is due. Think Cowden will turn it around and bottom spot will be between Stirling and Berwick.

Mon the Cowden!

Montrose are the worst team I've seen this season but they seem to have turned it round in recent weeks. Their goals against us in the recent game were an own goal and a dodgy penalty and didn't really trouble us that much otherwise but they didn't look as fragile at the back as the previous two games. If you're not conceding, you're not losing.

Clyde must have won a game for a change. Suddenly back to being world beaters:lol: Gotta love the Barry bashers
My preferred option would be for Clyde to go down and never be seen again. Makes sense.
Be sad to see Cowden go down although I quite enjoy not being Fife's worst team for a change. A miracle what they have achieved this past decade with such a poor support and god awful stadium. Credit where credit is due. Think Cowden will turn it around and bottom spot will be between Stirling and Berwick.

Mon the Cowden!

1485986449182.jpg.303bae8d58a5c40101db1c

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Mon the Cowden!

Well done to getting up to the giddy heights of half way up the table in the third tier of Scottish Football.

My preferred option would be for East Fife to remain totally insignificant ad infinitum.

Sixty years and counting, not a bad start.

5 minutes ago, Larry Hood said:

Well done to getting up to the giddy heights of half way up the table in the third tier of Scottish Football.

My preferred option would be for East Fife to remain totally insignificant ad infinitum.

Sixty years and counting, not a bad start.

oooft someone is hurting:lol:

So let me get this straight. Clyde fanboy starts thread ripping poor old Cowden. Thread quickly turns against Clyde fanboy. Clyde fanboy gets all defensive.

Ya just couldn't make it up:thumsup2

Archived