Cow-down-beath  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beyond the halfway mark, Cowdenbeath look completely and utterly DOOMED to the ignominious fate of relegation through the trap door. Only Berwick may provide competition for bottom spot, but with smart continental acquisitions made earlier today and a title winning manager (Coughl-IN), their safety looks all but secured. What does everyone else think? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our Dutch signings aren't exactly the bee's knees and the team will need time to gel with all the new faces coming in, but I'm confident we  will not end up having to fend off blue brazil for a safe spot on the league table.

I really feel bad for Cowdenbeath, had some decent kits in recent years and definitely don't deserve three back-to-back relegations. Surely they got enough to them to fend off whoever will end up being their opponent in the play-off?

Both Donkor and Kessells had brief stints in the youth setups of small Dutch pro clubs, but ultimately plied their trade way down the Dutch pyramid (Kessells in the 6th tier, Donkor even lower).The level of play there is below League 2 standards, and neither of the lads bring age or relevant experience; only defining feature is that they're exports of some Glasgow football agency that has also supplied dime-a-dozen players to Albion Rovers, Accies, Greenock Morton, among other clubs.

Still, I think Kessells may end up pleasantly surprising the Shielfield faithful. Donkor not so much, think we have better defenders in the Development side.

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

My point is Dutch, these guys are a bit like the French boys that come over looking to play but 99% of them are brutal, meanwhile Scottish player's don't get a look in. 

You'll need to back up that claim of "Scottish players not getting a look in" with some examples of poor oppressed Scottish children because from what I can see, you're talking out the hole in your arse.

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

My point is Dutch, these guys are a bit like the French boys that come over looking to play but 99% of them are brutal, meanwhile Scottish player's don't get a look in. 

What Scottish players don't get a look in? Be specific in your examples because I would wager 90+% of League 2 players will be Scottish. Strange guy.

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

It would be only fitting if Cowden went down, 3rd consecutive relegation, that would surely make Cowden record breakers?

Worry about your own team. Cowden are poor but Stirling are the worst I've seen this season.

Wishing Cowden go down again won't make it happen

You seem awfy worried..

It would be only fitting if Cowden went down, 3rd consecutive relegation, that would surely make Cowden record breakers?

Clyde managed to finish bottom of division 1, bottom of division 2 then bottom of division 3 (possibly twice in a row) over consecutive seasons. Thankfully no relegation spot at that time!

Worry about your own team. Cowden are poor but Stirling are the worst I've seen this season.
Wishing Cowden go down again won't make it happen
You seem awfy worried..

Who's bottom of the league again?

I'm sure Cowden will embrace holding the record of being the first club to be relegated a third consecutive time.

It will be a dog-fight between Berwick, Stirling and Clyde, with the latter in free fall and with the worst current form over the last eight matches.

We will be ok, although it may be a few weeks before we get off bottom, because of the postponed Clyde match.

3 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Haven't actually seen many of these "French boys" that you refer to, however from a personal perspective we have had 2 over the last couple of years (Mazel & Bikey) and both have improved our side and have been excellent. Bikey has obviously won a move to Hearts and had Mazel not had injury problems that forced him to retire then he may have played slightly higher up as well.

It's all well and good laughing at Berwick, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, and Stirling, but will the possible winners of the Highland-Lowland play-off be anywhere near strong enough to oust a League 2 club over two matches? Buckie Thistle, Spartans, East Kilbride, and such don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of punters, and Edinburgh City really only managed to get promoted due to the lucky timing of the penalty they got against East Stirlingshire.

Of all the teams down there I really hope it's not Stirling, decent ground and just 45 minutes away. Pretty meh club for me too don't like or dislike them, personally hope it's Berwick, 3 hour drive, it's in England and the ground is utter shite to boot. Cowden going down would be 2nd preferable because of what's happened with us and them the last few year, Clyde under Ferguson would be the ultimate though but can't see it. Would have to be one almighty slump for them to go down.

It's all well and good laughing at Berwick, Clyde, Cowdenbeath, and Stirling, but will the possible winners of the Highland-Lowland play-off be anywhere near strong enough to oust a League 2 club over two matches? Buckie Thistle, Spartans, East Kilbride, and such don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of punters, and Edinburgh City really only managed to get promoted due to the lucky timing of the penalty they got against East Stirlingshire.

East Kilbride are winning their league at a canter and have been splashing the cash. Would be very worried as the 10th club having to face them.

Despite our horrendous form I can't see it being us. If we play like we have in cup games we will be looking up again rather than down (hopefully).

Cowdenbeath, Berwick and Stirling are the 3 worst sides IMO. With Edinburgh and Montrose next. We should be looking to catch Annan for the last playoff spot.

As mentioned elsewhere I wouldn't like to see Stirling go down but Cowdenbeath or Berwick does not bother me either way.

Archived