Canary Islands

welshbairn

2 hours ago, Qos91 said:

Just noticed on the jet2 app that you only have to fill out the passenger locator form for the canaries if you're not fully vaccinated.
It also says "in the case of minors, an adult can fill out the form on their behalf".

Does this mean I'd still need to fill out a form for my daughter as she's under 12 but not have to fill out one for myself?

Children under 12 are exempt from both proof of vaccine and the form.

image.thumb.png.56a4d4d91a8b81459138781be1c35a0c.png

Edited by welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to Fuerteventura in 2 weeks with Jet2 and, like all Spanish destinations, will be asked if i have the required vaccination proof (got the APP) to show on landing, if required.  Seems it's only Turkey now that requires a PLF to be completed.

With a full Summer season round the corner, it looks like most of the popular destinations have relented on the full proof/PLF requirements in favour of getting the Euros spent.

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Heading to Fuerteventura in 2 weeks with Jet2 and, like all Spanish destinations, will be asked if i have the required vaccination proof (got the APP) to show on landing, if required.  Seems it's only Turkey now that requires a PLF to be completed.

With a full Summer season round the corner, it looks like most of the popular destinations have relented on the full proof/PLF requirements in favour of getting the Euros spent.

Italy France, Malta and Slovenia too. It's a piece of pish though.

Me and the mrs have booked for Tenerife at the end of July/start of August. Have did all the other Canary Islands so this is the last one to tick off the list. Hotel is in Costa Adeje so Los Cristianos and Playa De Las Americas not too far. Ive been advised to download the ABC app for live events and entertainment but has anyone done the excursions and would recommend any?

I'm in Gran Canaria just now and didn't get asked to show any proof of vaccination at all. No one is wearing masks either apart from staff and public transport/taxis. All seems very relaxed now so would imagine Fuerteventura will be similar.

1 hour ago, Qos91 said:

I'm in Gran Canaria just now and didn't get asked to show any proof of vaccination at all. No one is wearing masks either apart from staff and public transport/taxis. All seems very relaxed now so would imagine Fuerteventura will be similar.

Cheers for that.  I was saying that Jet2 are asking for verbal confirmation that all passengers (over 12 i think) have their vaccination proof.  Other airlines might not be so strict/concerned.  Maybe the Spanish authorities have given up on checking due to the substantial increase in passenger numbers - who knows.

Great that within the resorts things seem to be normal again.  You enjoy your break mate. 

The airline will definitely want confirmation you're vaccinated as if they carry you to a country requiring vaccination and you can't show proof, they'll be fined and get the added bonus of carrying you back on the next available flight.

Had a similar situation going to France - had to supply documents to BA, which I did via Verifly, meaning I didn't have to present them at bag drop. No checks on arrival in France. Had a PDF copy on my phone in case I had to show it, but was never required to.

Edited by Michael W

Cheers for that.  I was saying that Jet2 are asking for verbal confirmation that all passengers (over 12 i think) have their vaccination proof.  Other airlines might not be so strict/concerned.  Maybe the Spanish authorities have given up on checking due to the substantial increase in passenger numbers - who knows.
Great that within the resorts things seem to be normal again.  You enjoy your break mate. 
Now you say that, we were actually asked at check in if we were fully vaccinated (jet2). We just said yes and off we went. No one asked for proof at either airport though.

On 04/05/2022 at 14:48, Michael W said:

The airline will definitely want confirmation you're vaccinated as if they carry you to a country requiring vaccination and you can't show proof, they'll be fined and get the added bonus of carrying you back on the next available flight.

Had a similar situation going to France - had to supply documents to BA, which I did via Verifly, meaning I didn't have to present them at bag drop. No checks on arrival in France. Had a PDF copy on my phone in case I had to show it, but was never required to.

if youre not vaccinated do they accept a test or is it just a straight no?

On 05/05/2022 at 15:25, effeffsee_the2nd said:

if youre not vaccinated do they accept a test or is it just a straight no?

Depending on where you're going to, Jet2 require either verbal confirmation that you have your full vaccination, or either a PCR test within 72 hours of travel or a Rapid Antigen Test within 24/48 hours.  Worth verifying with your airline or check out their website that should provide up to date requirements for each individual country.  I believe mainland Portugal and France are the only destinations where physical proof is required to be shown at check-in.   Some countries still require airlines to see or have confirmation you have a PLF.

These rules can change at short notice, so best checking with the airline or website before turning up at the airport. 

Cheers

Can anyone clarify if the bars or restaurants are encouraging contactless card payments rather than Euros for payment ??  I'm taking Euros with a view to cashing more as and when required, but i saw somewhere that the payment of choice is with a card or contactless.  I'll have cards with me as well, but will use my Euros as a preference.

cheers

Just now, hearthammer said:

Can anyone clarify if the bars or restaurants are encouraging contactless card payments rather than Euros for payment ??  I'm taking Euros with a view to cashing more as and when required, but i saw somewhere that the payment of choice is with a card or contactless.  I'll have cards with me as well, but will use my Euros as a preference.

cheers

In Lanzarote both forms of payment are getting widely used.

On 03/05/2022 at 13:17, hearthammer said:

We head there on saturday and also have the app,also had Covid 3 weeks ago and that is showing on the app.

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

We head there on saturday and also have the app,also had Covid 3 weeks ago and that is showing on the app.

Hopefully the APP clarifies that you are now fully clear and the authorities in Fuerteventura accept that you're not a risk.  Been told that, with the volume of visitors now travelling to all the popular destinations, individual scrutiny by the local authorities is now a lot less than it was, say, 3 months ago.

Hope you enjoy your stay mate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2022 at 22:11, hearthammer said:

Hopefully the APP clarifies that you are now fully clear and the authorities in Fuerteventura accept that you're not a risk.  Been told that, with the volume of visitors now travelling to all the popular destinations, individual scrutiny by the local authorities is now a lot less than it was, say, 3 months ago.

Hope you enjoy your stay mate.

Never got asked show anything and had a fantastic holiday.

• 10 months later...