Canary Islands

welshbairn

Booked up for Puerto del Rosario in January. AirBnB apartment overlooking the docks. It will remind me of camping out in Peterhead harbour for a pre season game once. :1eye

Holy post resurrection batman!

Never been to PdR (only driven round the bypass) but I expect it’ll be much better than Peterheid. If only for the sun!

• 1 month later...
On 26/04/2019 at 18:26, welshbairn said:

Booked up for Puerto del Rosario in January. AirBnB apartment overlooking the docks. It will remind me of camping out in Peterhead harbour for a pre season game once. :1eye

Hope it's better than Las Palmas, most of which is a dirty concrete shithole.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Hope it's better than Las Palmas, most of which is a dirty concrete shithole.

Cracking town, if you mean the one on Gran Canaria, you must have gone to the wrong bits. Much better than a concrete tourist hellhole.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Cracking town, if you mean the one on Gran Canaria, you must have gone to the wrong bits. Much better than a concrete tourist hellhole.

We walked from the old town, through the main shopping area around El Corte Ingles, over to the beach promenade and up to the top of the town. What did we miss?

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

We walked from the old town, through the main shopping area around El Corte Ingles, over to the beach promenade and up to the top of the town. What did we miss?

Probably all day breakfasts and Carling lager.

• 2 years later...

Posting from Puerto de Santiago and it’s fucking lovely, hot enough to tan but not hot enough to burn and run indoors and stand under the a/c every half hour, very good restaurants and bars and if you want your Sunday roast and pint of Carling if there’s a few pubs that cover that as well, very few bald English fuckwits, and the coastal scenery is stunning!!!

ETA: and the pools are still warm!!![emoji1303]

20 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Posting from Puerto de Santiago and it’s fucking lovely, hot enough to tan but not hot enough to burn and run indoors and stand under the a/c every half hour, very good restaurants and bars and if you want your Sunday roast and pint of Carling if there’s a few pubs that cover that as well, very few bald English fuckwits, and the coastal scenery is stunning!!!

ETA: and the pools are still warm!!!emoji1303.png

I'm going next month, friends invited me to stay over so going for a week, flights only £32. What's the general prices like for beer, food any excursions. 

I'm going next month, friends invited me to stay over so going for a week, flights only £32. What's the general prices like for beer, food any excursions. 

Prices are fine, restaurants for every taste and you’ll pay accordingly, pints are between €1-€3 again depends where you go. My hotel is all inclusive so I’m filling up on the free San Miguel during the day before having leisurely (large) Ginebra y tónico’s at night!!!
Really recommend you try the https://ohanasunsetclub.es/ at least once on your trip, by far the best food, best drinks and the view from the terrace is worth the price alone, but go before it’s too late at night if you want to see the view as it’s pitch black from about 7pm!!!
Haven’t done any excursions bar walking around the coast, took the kids gocarting and it was a ripoff, Siam Park isn’t far away and that’s a good day!!!
Your also only about 20 minutes away from Playa de las Americas if you fancy it a bit busier!!!

Booked for 3 weeks in Fuerteventura from next Wednesday and today Fuerteventura gets raised to alert level 2 !!! 2.00am closing, capacity restrictions on public transport at 50% max and outdoor hospitality 75% max. Indoor hospitality remains at 50% max capacity like all the other Canaries.

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Booked for 3 weeks in Fuerteventura from next Wednesday and today Fuerteventura gets raised to alert level 2 !!! 2.00am closing, capacity restrictions on public transport at 50% max and outdoor hospitality 75% max. Indoor hospitality remains at 50% max capacity like all the other Canaries.

Not sure of your age but guessing the 2am closing won't hit you too hard? :P 

Not sure of your age but guessing the 2am closing won't hit you too hard? [emoji14] 
Probably not but use buses a lot to get about the island (car hire has got ludicrous) and the pub and restaurant capacity restrictions will be a pain as many places were full / only taking reservations as it was , no vertical drinking as the vernacular goes been allowed yet out there. Numbers have doubled in a week albeit from a low base and way below here. Hopefully they dont keep moving up the levels.

Nice one KK, beer prices are good. Will probably spend most of the time at beach if weather is ok. Will check out the sunset club, always nice to have one excessive night.

Enjoy, let me know what you think of Ohana Sunset Club, I’m home know and I’m missing it already, for the quality you get it really isn’t that dear, they have some really chilled out live music most nights and the Chateaubriand was one of the greatest things I’ve ever eaten, but it is for two, but you can always get a doggy bag if you’re on your Jack!!!

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2021 at 01:53, King Kebab said:

Enjoy, let me know what you think of Ohana Sunset Club, I’m home know and I’m missing it already, for the quality you get it really isn’t that dear, they have some really chilled out live music most nights and the Chateaubriand was one of the greatest things I’ve ever eaten, but it is for two, but you can always get a doggy bag if you’re on your Jack!!!

Hey KK cheers for the heads up, didn't get to the sunset club as we ended up around the pool/beaches/bars at Los Cristianos found it pretty cheap and came back with some cash, only done one touristy thing and that was go see the whales. Restrictions were coming in as I was leaving and the paperwork/testing is a pain in the arse but was a nice wee  break and would go again as I wanted to go do the star gazing trip. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CraigFairlie said:

Was supposed to be going to Costa Teiguise in Lanzarote next Thursday but the holiday got cancelled. Gutted 

Hoping to get next year. Love that part of the world. 

Any idea why it was cancelled?  The Canaries are still encouraging/welcoming tourists.

On 04/01/2022 at 10:20, Granny Danger said:

Any idea why it was cancelled?  The Canaries are still encouraging/welcoming tourists.

Think it must have been to be with the testing. Was cancelled by the travel agents and not us.