Selkirk FC thread

afca32

• 2 months later...

Notice of Complaint | Selkirk FC

Thursday 14 February 2019

Alleged Party in Breach: Selkirk FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 1
All members shall:

(a) observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship in accordance with the rules of fair play;
(b) be subject to and shall comply with:
     (i) the Articles;
     (ii) this Protocol;
     (iii) the Cup Competition Rules;
     (iv) the Registration Procedures;
     (v) the International Match Calendar;
     (vi) Club Licensing Procedures; and
     (vii) any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, Decisions promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non-Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;
(c) recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport as specified in the relevant provisions of the FIFA Statutes and the UEFA Statutes;
(d) respect the Laws of the Game;
(e) refrain from engaging in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under sections 1, 2 or 6 of the Bribery Act 2010;
(f) behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 28 February 2019

Response date: 18 February 2019

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Wonder what that's all about...

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

erm.......haven't they folded and therefore no longer exist?

My understanding was that they'd withdrawn from the LL, rather officially folded? (I think Duns did something similar a couple of seasons ago because they were also struggling to raise a team). There's been a bit of talk about Selkirk reapplying for any vacant space that comes in the League, or in the EoS

My understanding was that they'd withdrawn from the LL, rather officially folded? (I think Duns did something similar a couple of seasons ago because they were also struggling to raise a team). There's been a bit of talk about Selkirk reapplying for any vacant space that comes in the League, or in the EoS
https://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/17296135.only-way-back-for-selkirk-is-as-a-grassroots-community-club/?ref=fbshr

This article from December would indicate EOS isnt on the radar at the current time

On 21/02/2019 at 06:11, AlansHotBath said:

There's no desire for a senior side to re-emerge in Selkirk at the moment. The amateur and junior setups have formed a community club to try and re-open the clubrooms and take over the facilities with the aim of building from the ground up.

Down the line there might be players good enough to compete at EoS level but right now that certainly isn't the case. 

Lessons have to be learned from the shambles that has gone before. There's nowhere for the kids to get changed or even access toilets at the moment. Small steps need to be taken first.

One thing is for certain, the people responsible for dragging the senior team down through erratic mismanagement can never be involved in the future.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Comment on Bonnyrigg's facebook post from the Selkirk secretary saying they are looking into selling their floodlights - suppose that's one way of trying to pay off debts.

I doubt very much that they are in any way trying to pay off their debt. The Secretary declared that she was due over £100k of her own cash that she ploughed in - I would imagine she is trying to get some of that back!

6 hours ago, non_sequitur said:

Are they selling the stand I might buy it for Shippy :lol:

In all honesty they probably will be looking to shift that. They've made a list of valuable items including physio benches etc that they are offering to the Community Club. Again, I doubt very much that this would be to pay off any money owed to external companies, they'll want to get some money back for the Secretary. 

4 hours ago, Selkirk Loyal said:

In all honesty they probably will be looking to shift that. They've made a list of valuable items including physio benches etc that they are offering to the Community Club. Again, I doubt very much that this would be to pay off any money owed to external companies, they'll want to get some money back for the Secretary. 

I'll keep an eye on ebay, we need some seats.......

12 hours ago, Selkirk Loyal said:

I doubt very much that they are in any way trying to pay off their debt. The Secretary declared that she was due over £100k of her own cash that she ploughed in - I would imagine she is trying to get some of that back!

Interesting, was that ever made public last year as I don't remember seeing it? Read there was someone who put money in, explains why she stayed on when others left.

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting, was that ever made public last year as I don't remember seeing it? Read there was someone who put money in, explains why she stayed on when others left.

I think it came out that it was the secretary that put the £100k in. If I remember she had a catering business or something like that.

• 5 months later...

Bump.

Chap from twitter got into Yarrow Park during the week. Sorry sight it appears to be. Amazing how quickly nature overtakes the ordered. I think the pitch and pavilion remain in use. Seated stand has been acquired by Gala - unsure about floodlights.

ECCW9sFXoAAnLO1.jpg

ECCW9sFW4AAo4Rt.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

Chap from twitter got into Yarrow Park during the week. Sorry sight it appears to be. Amazing how quickly nature overtakes the ordered. I think the pitch and pavilion remain in use. Seated stand has been acquired by Gala - unsure about floodlights.

ECCW9sFXoAAnLO1.jpg

ECCW9sFW4AAo4Rt.jpg

Such a shame! 💔😓

Loved going down to Yarrow Park, never a dull moment there... apart from the weather

On 16/08/2019 at 13:44, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

ECCW9sFXoAAnLO1.jpg

ECCW9sFW4AAo4Rt.jpg

Pitch has been in use since earlier this year, pavilion hasn't been in use since Selkirk FC closed the doors last August. Selkirk Vics/Juniors currently use the cricket and rugby club changing rooms.

Keys have only just been handed over to the newly formed Community Club last week to take the clubrooms forward. Club was awarded funding recently which will be used to make repairs, reinstate gas supply etc. A squad went down last night with strimmers to tidy up the two bankings that have been left overgrown. There's plenty of people involved and keen to get it all back to scratch.

The previous owners have left shite lying about everywhere but SBC are going to provide a skip to tidy the place up. 

• 4 months later...