Selkirk FC thread

afca32

3 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Sheree Davison, who has a 30-year association with Selkirk FC and has been club secretary since 2001

I would have expected everyone who was on the committee and oversaw them going over £100k in debt to not be at the club anymore - unless there's no one else to do the jobs?

At least they are cutting their costs but without a generous benefactor then it's going to take a while to clear the debt as they have next to no gate receipts, presumably the plan is to stick around for this season and collect the SFA money. But if they go down then they are likely to get relegated again out of the EoS Premier anyway, so you wonder if it's better leaving now and starting again.

Edited by Ginaro

Really hope their fortunes turn around and they can continue - even if it is next season at the bottom of the EOS ladder whereby if it ends up regionalised beyond the EOS Premier, they will be up against some of their more familiar borders and lothian opponents.

In meantime I may need to make alternative arrangements as I'd booked an overnight stay to see the Welfare away at Selkirk!  Will revisit the fixture list!  

21 minutes ago, Golum said:

So a team EDU with no ground , no fans , whom are in the league will now fill Selkirk with their surplus academy players ?

Would this be allowed ? whats the point ? :thumbsdown

Mickey Mouse stuff at the top of the senior non-league pyramid.

18 minutes ago, Golum said:

So a team EDU with no ground , no fans , whom are in the league will now fill Selkirk with their surplus academy players ?

Would this be allowed ? whats the point ? :thumbsdown

I believe Edusport and the future Glasgow United :) have split between the academy project & the football club.

That'd be a possible workaround if they aren't actually registered as Edusport FC and are just Edusport Academy students deciding to play for Selkirk instead of whatever Amateur league they might have been in.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Last I remember seeing they were meant to be developing a bit of Strathclyde Park.

Where is there in Strathclyde park to put a football pitch ? Then only suitable area is beside the travel inn. 

Edited by foreverarover

4 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Real Mickey Mouse stuff would be a diddy league cancelling all league games a week beforehand without consulting the clubs. That's a real pub set up.

5 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

How's the fixture list working out khufu2? I see you are still using one extreme exception as a driver to suggest there a wider flaw in the pyramid set up.....thought you'd have moved on by now....maybe gave you too much credit though.... 

I respectfully disagree, it doesn't reflect well on Selkirk and whoever did their dealings with player contracts and allowed their outgoings to severely outstrip their incomings...... What does the Lowland League have to do with a club not running its financial affairs properly? 

To suggest the league is now tainted, or that it doesn't reflect well on it is nothing short of trying to create an illusion that suggests there is a problem.... Which probably makes certain folks.... Maybe supporters of another association feel all cosy and warm feeling like they have a one up on the pyramid.... But in all honesty this isn't really the case and the fact that numerous clubs from said association have went through the same process in recent times gives those individuals little to furnish their debating stance with. 

Selkirk aren't finished yet and I hope for theirs and everyone else's sake they pull through and survive, however if they go all the way to the bottom of the eos it will be the same set of circumstances most of the clubs I refer to above have gone through in the last 15years or so. Good luck to Selkirk.