Selkirk FC thread

afca32

No problem with Kelty putting out that statement and laying out the financial facts, putting a bit of meat on the bones illustrates the impact of the opposition acting like a pub team.

Let’s not beat about the bush here Selkirk overspent massively to get to where they are, former Scottish International strikers don’t play for free.  As ever, the money men disappear when the going gets a bit too hot for them and they leave the club high and dry. They should do the decent thing and withdraw from the league.  Let’s face it, if they somehow manage to cobble together a team of locals and keep going they’ll go down anyway – making a farce of the relegation issue - and then be faced with a season in an equally strong EoS Premier where they will likely be faced with another arduous season.  They aren’t going to survive hammerings every week for the next two years.

They need to withdraw, deal with the issues which are crippling the club, and join at the bottom of the EoS next season, a level where they can find some stability.  They are a symptom of the muddle of the Pyramid and how it was put together, in reality they should never have been anywhere near tier 5.

Apart from their first LL season Selkirk have avoided finishing bottom - but all the poorer teams have now been relegated. So they would probably have been next in line to go down anyway. Had they not overspent to get 5th last season, they would be going about this season in a different manner and not one that brings the league into disrepute. At least Hawick fulfilled their fixtures and got better after losing 7-0 and then 10-0 (ironically to Selkirk) in the first week last season.

18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

No problem with Kelty putting out that statement and laying out the financial facts, putting a bit of meat on the bones illustrates the impact of the opposition acting like a pub team.

Let’s not beat about the bush here Selkirk overspent massively to get to where they are, former Scottish International strikers don’t play for free.  As ever, the money men disappear when the going gets a bit too hot for them and they leave the club high and dry. They should do the decent thing and withdraw from the league.  Let’s face it, if they somehow manage to cobble together a team of locals and keep going they’ll go down anyway – making a farce of the relegation issue - and then be faced with a season in an equally strong EoS Premier where they will likely be faced with another arduous season.  They aren’t going to survive hammerings every week for the next two years.

They need to withdraw, deal with the issues which are crippling the club, and join at the bottom of the EoS next season, a level where they can find some stability.  They are a symptom of the muddle of the Pyramid and how it was put together, in reality they should never have been anywhere near tier 5.

So you'd be quite happy if your club was in bother and have it all made public,warts and all. Aye ok.

I thought it's already explained aboot the league format.

If it was nae for a club like Selkirk there be no pyramid !

Don't think there was as much of a public hanging  when the rangers went bust :lol:

Something definitely needs done I think we can all see that.

Just now, newcastle broon said:

So you'd be quite happy if your club was in bother and have it all made public,warts and all. Aye ok.

I thought it's already explained aboot the league format.

If it was nae for a club like Selkirk there be no pyramid !

Don't think there was as much of a public hanging  when the rangers went bust :lol:

Something definitely needs done I think we can all see that.

Me and my shaaaaadoooow :lol:

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

On a LL thread (a league my team happens to be in) aye ok :rolleyes:

Get yersel on the committee BM ye seen  to have the knowledge of all things LL :thumsup2

You don't need to respond to every post I make Broony, anyone would think you had a thing for me :wub:

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You don't need to respond to every post I make Broony, anyone would think you had a thing for me :wub:

I hate to break it to you but I reckon it’s Hamish the goalie he’s sniffing about he’s got bigger hands ... :lol: 

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

MDM put a post up last August saying the Kelty manager disrespected Eyemouth in an interview when he did nothing of the sort. 

There was enough disrespect over the course of the 180 mins, some would say that’s part and parcel of the game though, i personally wouldn’t. I won’t elaborate as things like this should be kept in house imo :thumsup2

51 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I’d disagree with your first paragraph, but the rest is pretty much spot on. 

I’m just worried If selkirk did come out of the league, how kelty would cope financially with one less buffet to do

I’d disagree with your first paragraph, but the rest is pretty much spot on. 
I’m just worried If selkirk did come out of the league, how kelty would cope financially with one less buffet to do
Their after match grub is top notch, doesn't come cheap [emoji41]

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
25 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
I hate to break it to you but I reckon it’s Hamish the goalie he’s sniffing about he’s got bigger hands ... emoji38.png 

Well you know what they say about hands and........we'll leave it there. Gutted.

Ok Hamish pal :wub: :lol:

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:
Ok Hamish pal :wub: emoji38.png

If Hamish is your thing, fill your boots. Always suspected you liked the ugly ones more.

Someone who pretends to be someone else is just weird.only an opinion of course ;) 

Now can we get back on topic please instead of making silly playground comments :thumsup2

Someone who pretends to be someone else is just weird.only an opinion of course [emoji6] 
Now can we get back on topic please instead of making silly playground comments :thumsup2
Sigh. This is the only user name I have, the only silliness is from you and Rab.