Selkirk FC thread

afca32

If they don't get thrown out just now then it should be a final warning (three strikes and they're out). Wonder if they will be able to fulfil their Scottish Cup fixture on 22 September, and who would take their place if not.

Edited by Ginaro

I agree it’s probably time for Selkirk to withdraw from the league and get themselves into a position where they can apply for re-entry next season. I don’t think that should be the end of it though. In this country we’re too quick to look to punish. I’m pretty sure there is nothing the league or the SFA could do that isn’t worse than what than the committee and supporters are going through right now.

Rather than punish I would hope football would look after one of its own. Perhaps allow them to particpate in the first round of the Scottish cup or refund their SFA license fee. I don’t know how or in what shape that help should come, but I certainly think the game needs to start looking to help and support rather than punish. 

I know madness.

20 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Perhaps allow them to particpate in the first round of the Scottish cup or refund their SFA license fee.

Wigtown and Bladnoch withdrew from the SOS while licenced, and retained their membership. If Selkirk do withdraw this year I imagine the situation would be the same.

Someone like Burnie_man would probably have a better idea on this since Blackburn are going through the process just now. But the licence fee is either a one time fee on applying, or a bond that is returned on gaining a licence. It's not an annual fee, so i'm not sure why they would get something back from years ago.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Wigtown and Bladnoch withdrew from the SOS while licenced, and retained their membership. If Selkirk do withdraw this year I imagine the situation would be the same.

Someone like Burnie_man would probably have a better idea on this since Blackburn are going through the process just now. But the licence fee is either a one time fee on applying, or a bond that is returned on gaining a licence. It's not an annual fee, so i'm not sure why they would get something back from years ago.

As you can tell I’m no expert on how these things work. But I’m quite sure there are ways the games governing body could help if they felt so inclined. 

It's a one-off £2k joining fee to the SFA, no refunds unless you withdraw from the process. I dont see any reason reason why Selkirk cannot retain the Licence if they withdraw providing they return next season in the Pyramid, like Wigtown.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

As I said a few days back, withdraw from league, re-group and plan for next season in the EoS.  It can't continue like this.

Aye, the divisions will get redrawn and most of the remaining juniors will be applying, everyone will get in.

23 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

6D30F344-54E3-4F98-BABD-88A73A67D608.jpeg

True story.  As much as I’m gutted for the club itself, something has to give sharpish like. This is only going to go one way, they need to come out and start again further down. Clubs now starting to lose money, previously players not paid as promised is bad craic. Hopefully a one off

13 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

True story.  As much as I’m gutted for the club itself, something has to give sharpish like. This is only going to go one way, they need to come out and start again further down. Clubs now starting to lose money, previously players not paid as promised is bad craic. Hopefully a one off

Worse bit for me is them not even getting in touch with Kelty.

Something seriously wrong as they had a team out midweek , Kelty offer a free bus to transport them and they still don’t get in touch , £2000 down the swanny in revenue GET THE FINGER OOT LL AND FIX THIS MESS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER PLEASE 

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Worse bit for me is them not even getting in touch with Kelty.

Whatever is going on within the club, I agree, that’s just the height of fucking ignorance, nae need

Don't think they even deserve another chance. This is farcical for a licensed club at fifth tier level. Club licensing should have been rigorous enough to ensure something like this would never happen, but the bar was set very low to make sure all the existing full members could get in.

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't think they even deserve another chance. This is farcical for a licensed club at fifth tier level. Club licensing should have been rigorous enough to ensure something like this would never happen, but the bar was set very low to make sure all the existing full members could get in.

Ye were doing ok until ye had t have a go at the existing members. Was the bar no set low for anybody at the time !

Did Wigtown not have to play in a tournament to ensure they retained membership?

4 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Did Wigtown not have to play in a tournament to ensure they retained membership?

I believe that was more to do with membership of the association covering the South of Scotland League.

I had a quick look at the SFA licencing. Guess Wigtown's withdrawing wasn't considered an "Exceptional situation" and then returned within a year of their award being confirmed.

image.png.bdd1d4ff3fdc0ae61da597e5bcc9d768.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan