Selkirk FC thread

afca32

11 hours ago, Jason King said:

Which is a wilful misrepresentation of what I said. I'm talking about this season, last season they spent money they didn't have and as a consequence they have now essentially folded after 2 games of this season, when it would appear from reading this very forum that people have been mentioning they were in the doo doo for weeks - they have made a mockery of the LL and have taken away from Threave the opportunity to play in the LL.

Selkirk are done so they essentially fill the relegation spot for this season, the LL should come out now and say that Team 15 come the end of the season will be relegated and 2 clubs promoted (1 from EoS and 1 from South) - other clubs shouldn't survive in the LL just because of a lack of financial acumen elsewhere - demoting Selkirk over the next couple of weeks for whatever reason and not relegating anyone else will kill the league for around 13 teams who by mid August will have absolutely nothing to play for.

All IMO obviously.

You crack on with your ridiculous outlook

11 hours ago, Jamesw said:

if they go into abeyance they should be relegated to bottom league of east scotland. no relegations from lowland unless hl team go to spfl and bottom team south of tay. why can’t they use amateur team to fill place in league 

Apart from the fact there is no bottom league 

7 hours ago, info said:

There is a case here the SFA have to answer. Clubs who have had to put up with a lot of nitpicking bureaucracy to get licenced must be wondering how Selkirk's books slipped through the net.

And any opinions on the club's that have milked the licence requirements 

A lot to talk about what should and shouldnt happen to Selkirk FC.

Selkirk loyal is the man with his feet on the ground down there and i'm sure will let us all know what happens next.

I tend to agree with him,it do's not look good,feel the slfl have to act fast if this continues much longer,any disruption must be kept to a minimum.

Its a shame,cracking wee set up doon there and always a good day away.

http://slfl.co.uk/lowland-league-board-statement-selkirk-fc/

LL statement on Selkirk:

The board of the Lowland League would like to take this opportunity to clarify their position regarding forthcoming fixtures for Selkirk FC.

It is expected that the club will fulfil their scheduled fixture against Civil Service Strollers on Wednesday (8th August) and all subsequent Lowland League fixtures. A further statement will be issued after further consultation between the Lowland League board and the officials of Selkirk FC.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'm sure I read earlier somewhere that they were hoping for two weeks with no games to allow time to sign players, but can't seem to find that now. This might not be good news for them and looks like a case of trying to resolve it one way or the other ASAP.

That might of done the rounds as the Selkirk FC Twitter feed retweeted this post.

36 minutes ago, amigan said:

Where are the Selkirk players coming from this season?  Are they local boys from the amateurs?

No. Assuming the manager who started the season (from Stirling?) must've brought players in when he took over after last season's bunch had moved on.

As previously mentioned, the local amateur players are nowhere near the standard for lowland league football and there lies part of the problem. Entry to the Lowland League has resulted in the club moving away from using local players to focus their efforts on signing players way outside their budget to try and compete. 

The new chairman has been convinced to stay on to try and fix the mess so let's see what happens over the coming days. No idea where the players are coming from for the game against CSS. Gordon Rae still interim manager. The Border Amateur League starts a week today and there is a 14 day rule in place which ultimately stops any player from being able to help out from time to time.

Expecting some sort of statement from Selkirk FC over the next few days.

23 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Off-topic for this thread, but do you think Threave would want to play in a league which spanned the west of Scotland rather than the Lowland (at whatever level)?

Not sure, but it was made abundantly clear before last seasons play offs that they were happy to remain in the South League for the next few seasons at least.

Edited by Ross O'Neri

19 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I heard today there have been a few loan moves. 

Free transfer for Rab B to do a programme:lol: On a serious note hopefully Selkirk can sort things out one of my early Cowden moments was watching us play Selkirk in the Scottish Cup back in 1975 I was very young at the time:lol:

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Free transfer for Rab B to do a programme:lol: On a serious note hopefully Selkirk can sort things out one of my early Cowden moments was watching us play Selkirk in the Scottish Cup back in 1975 I was very young at the time:lol:

:lol: ... you’ve rumbled me Cowden it was the lure of the player / programme editor role that was too good to turn down :lol: 

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: ... you’ve rumbled me Cowden it was the lure of the player / programme editor role that was too good to turn down :lol: 

I would actually travel down to see you play:lol: I'm sure Gordon Rae will have enough contacts to get loans before he needs to call on your services.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would actually travel down to see you play:lol: I'm sure Gordon Rae will have enough contacts to get loans before he needs to call on your services.

I’m sure he’d rather stick with playing with 10 men before calling on them ... :lol: