Drop off in GN activity.

It might just be me, but has anyone else noticed a drop off in activity on the General Nonsense Forum?

It seems to me that regular contributors to "niche" threads like the P&B Running club, pregnancy & parenting etc are still posting regularly but the rest of the topics seem to have gone a little stale & aren't attracting the normal volume of high wit & repartee I associate with P&B.

Any one else think this too?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the long winter nights. Folk are lazier and sleep more. I was thinking of reviving the "stuff you have bought" thread with pics of my new leather jacket or maybe starting a Nice Shoes thread to rival the trainers one. Couldn't be arsed. 

13 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Bump the worst posters thread and watch this place explode.

I'm not even sure about this - the bumping of the Dotting Accounts thread was rather disappointing. Perhaps people on here are getting on too harmoniously. 

Hardly - only posted a handful of times in the past week. Chris and Marshmallow have been saying they're coming out with a thread and its just a lie to string people along, not sure what they're getting out of doing it either. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hardly - only posted a handful of times in the past week. 

A well placed Saturday morning post from you can keep the forum occupied all weekend. How about I post you £20, you can take the chip fiend out for a feed, do a review of a Wetherspoons and we can then character-assassinate you for general amusement for a couple of days? 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

A well placed Saturday morning post from you can keep the forum occupied all weekend. How about I post you £20, you can take the chip fiend out for a feed, do a review of a Wetherspoons and we can then character-assassinate you for general amusement for a couple of days? 

I'm not sure i want to be the subject of ridicule anymore, might change my username so people take me more seriously. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I think Grimbo and the shit slinger getting told to wind it in a bit has actually had a negative effect, which I never thought I'd say

I stopped coming into the GN because reading Grimbo and 8mile on every thread with the same inane drivel made me want to eat my own eyeballs. When the Skidmarks stuff all kicked off it just got ridiculous and didn't seem worth the fun any more.

I've started venturing in again, like a slightly overweight person going back to the gym after months of dreading it and realising that actually, it's no' that bad.

50 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm not sure i want to be the subject of ridicule anymore, might change my username so people take me more seriously. 

We should ask Kool Keith how it'd done. He's the Carlos The Jackal of P&B. I don't even live in Shandon any more. 

Archived