Looking for club to train with

LeeKRR1878

12 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Gartcosh Utd as a club have a fantastic set up and the committee if the same as a few years ago have done well building the club since it was reformed again, a good few years ago,however I feel its a very dangerous decision to move leagues and the reason mentioned by nutsnbolts first post are 90% of the reasons the club gave the SAFL when they moved to the cally a few years ago,but failed to reach the heights in the nationals/district as they did in the SAFL so proved a wrong decision in my opinion.

A new management comes in and he claims it best to change leagues to get in better players, yes he will but the players do not stick around long enough, [Postal Utd and Haldane Utd tried the same and look what happened to them ]

Gartcosh Utd were originally started by the head notch of their new League and his ex best buddy so no surprise they are moving back to it.

Its a bitter blow to the Caledonian League who have tried in recent seasons to copy the set up of their rival League

good luck to Gartcosh Utd.

sorry to hijack your Topic LeeKRR1878 and glad you found a club

The Haldane have done better since moving to the Central than they ever done in the SAFL. They done well in the najors and won the league undefeated. Yes they are struggling this year but they are playing in the strongest league in Amatuer football and they could still stay up. 

People are right, you are clearly a bitter SAFL fluffer. 

Wow ....reading the posts it looks I may have upset a few so let me reply with facts I was giving my opinion and actually compliment the committee of Gartcosh Utd and when nutsandbolts mentioned I quote " The new management are building and the thinking could be they might be able to attract a better quality of player in the central "  All I have posted is that what was said to myself when they left the SAFL.

allabootgoals - No I do not think they is any good time to join that League until they sort out the reason so many clubs fold within their membership, they started with 35 clubs at last seasons agm now down to 30 [ possible 29 ] and this has been roughly the numbers they lose every season. [ The SAFL have lost 3 out of a membership of 42 this season ] so something is far wrong in the set up.

thefatgoalie - Yes your right The SAFL are a on down ward spiral that is true, but still have a lot of decent clubs left, may not be the big names that you say but have about 10 or so clubs who have been loyal to the league and established for well over 50 years no league can boost that and Oban would not be accepted into another League due the travel.

cbrown4 - You can never get your facts right I was never the secretary of the SAFL and I have mentioned Greenock HSFP in the past many times, I will not bother to reply to the rest of the crap you post as I have done many a time before.  [ oh and enjoy your speakers night you are made to take tickets for ] 

8     HoofIT - How do you work that out Haldane Utd have been more successful  since Leaving The SAFL, Whilst in the SAFL they won the oldest League Trophy in Amateur Football in 2011,and other League and Cup Competitions, read my post again and see the point I was making re Haldane Utd

Thanks for taken the time to read my posts guys

The SAFL is sadly going to struggle in the next year or 2. I feel sorry for Oban as they won't be able to join another league. Why tho?? Travel shouldn't be a problem as I'm sure teams would love a wee day out. Goldenhill have supposedly applied for the Central, so how long will the likes of St Joes and EK last? up and coming teams like Drum Colts, Motherwell and Ferguslie have already lost players this season and will struggle on until end of the season. 

Like it or not, the Central is the place to be for alot of clubs. Why do so many teams go into the league then fold though? it's weird. Do they have success too quickly? ala Postal and Aikenhead th

5 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Wow ....reading the posts it looks I may have upset a few so let me reply with facts I was giving my opinion and actually compliment the committee of Gartcosh Utd and when nutsandbolts mentioned I quote " The new management are building and the thinking could be they might be able to attract a better quality of player in the central "  All I have posted is that what was said to myself when they left the SAFL.

allabootgoals - No I do not think they is any good time to join that League until they sort out the reason so many clubs fold within their membership, they started with 35 clubs at last seasons agm now down to 30 [ possible 29 ] and this has been roughly the numbers they lose every season. [ The SAFL have lost 3 out of a membership of 42 this season ] so something is far wrong in the set up.

thefatgoalie - Yes your right The SAFL are a on down ward spiral that is true, but still have a lot of decent clubs left, may not be the big names that you say but have about 10 or so clubs who have been loyal to the league and established for well over 50 years no league can boost that and Oban would not be accepted into another League due the travel.

cbrown4 - You can never get your facts right I was never the secretary of the SAFL and I have mentioned Greenock HSFP in the past many times, I will not bother to reply to the rest of the crap you post as I have done many a time before.  [ oh and enjoy your speakers night you are made to take tickets for ] 

8     HoofIT - How do you work that out Haldane Utd have been more successful  since Leaving The SAFL, Whilst in the SAFL they won the oldest League Trophy in Amateur Football in 2011,and other League and Cup Competitions, read my post again and see the point I was making re Haldane Utd

Thanks for taken the time to read my posts guys

If you are, who people are suggesting. 

Robert Bownan ..

You were the reason why Gartcosh left the Safl 

I was part of the club at this time.

Let me jog your memory.

Gartcosh left due to Your reply to a club official when a relief of fixture was requested. The request was due to a extremely sad and difficult time for the club. 

Your comments were shameful, disgraceful and disrespectful to everyone at Gartcosh.

The Gartcosh committee could not overcome what you said and decided they could not remain within a league with your involvement. The decision was taken to leave after many years of success.

P.S your opinion will mean nothing to Gartcosh.

I know the guys well at Gartcosh and I'm sure they will echo the above and my next statement.

Stick your backhanded compliment up yir auld a_ _ _ wae yir opinions and twisted knowledge.

I thought long and hard to reply to your post and your version of the reasons now ,10 years after your club left and did not have the balls to say that to our faces when the SAFL committee attended your social club to discuss your decision to leave or the social dinner your club invited me to AFTER your club took the decision to leave.

But hey it still does change the REAL reason we were given to me and others.

I will remind you

1] Do not want to travel to Argyll as we have players working in the morning and would lose their shifts

2] We think we can attract better players by moving Leagues [ as you mention after years of success]

Overall Gartcosh Utd had a excellent committee though they did have one man who got a few suspensions by the SAFL and SAFA I wonder if that is you and maybe that's the real reason for you rant

PS

I had no power to refuse clubs free dates its a committee decision and for the comments I have alleged to make I can honestly say I have no memory of them I am sure your club would have taken it further, rather going in a huff.

Matter closed and we await your success in your new league with your new players

1 hour ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

I thought long and hard to reply to your post and your version of the reasons now ,10 years after your club left and did not have the balls to say that to our faces when the SAFL committee attended your social club to discuss your decision to leave or the social dinner your club invited me to AFTER your club took the decision to leave.

But hey it still does change the REAL reason we were given to me and others.

I will remind you

1] Do not want to travel to Argyll as we have players working in the morning and would lose their shifts

2] We think we can attract better players by moving Leagues [ as you mention years of success]

Could you be the committee man who constant brought shame to your club and was suspended on several occasions due touch line antics. And maybe that's the real reason for you rant

PS

I had no power to refuse clubs free dates its a committee decision and for the comments I have alleged to make I can honestly say I have no memory of them I am sure your club would have taken it further, rather going in a huff.

Matter closed and we await your success in your new league with your new players

At what point in my post did I say you refused a relief of fixture .. It didn't..,

it was your response regarding a request for a relief of fixture. It's amazing you can recall the reasons for leaving etc and can't recall your comments on this matter.

You upset a lot of teams and committee members  along the way so wouldn't expect you to remember them all. 

The club did not go in the huff.. Yes we probably should have taken in further but at the time we had enough to deal with.

Don't recall players missing work being an issue think it was the cost of travel to Argyle this money could be utilised on other things.  The  facilities. Which has been the correct decision when you see the playing surface.

The club decided to moved on amicably as we had forged good relation with most of the league officials.

I would be very surprised if the club invited you to any social dinner as from my recollection the league was advised it may be in everyone interest that you stayed away from Gartcosh matches.

10 years or so has passed, it's nothing to do with balls . it's to do with respect and decorum.  I wouldn't expect you to understand this as you have neither.  

We as a club respected what the Safl had provided Us with ... a platform to play football. We respected that and had the decorum to move on amicably. 

Success in amateur football these days is about keeping your club alive.

At what point in my post did I say you refused a relief of fixture .. It didn't..,
  it was your response regarding a request for a relief of fixture. It's amazing you can recall the reasons for leaving etc and can't recall your comments on this matter.
 You upset a lot of teams and committee members  along the way so wouldn't expect you to remember them all. 
The club did not go in the huff.. Yes we probably should have taken in further but at the time we had enough to deal with.
Don't recall players missing work being an issue think it was the cost of travel to Argyle this money could be utilised on other things.  The  facilities. Which has been the correct decision when you see the playing surface.
  The club decided to moved on amicably as we had forged good relation with most of the league officials.
 I would be very surprised if the club invited you to any social dinner as from my recollection the league was advised it may be in everyone interest that you stayed away from Gartcosh matches.
10 years or so has passed, it's nothing to do with balls . it's to do with respect and decorum.  I wouldn't expect you to understand this as you have neither.  
We as a club respected what the Safl had provided Us with ... a platform to play football. We respected that and had the decorum to move on amicably. 
Success in amateur football these days is about keeping your club alive.

I don't know nothing about this situation but that last sentence is 100% spot on imo. We would all like trophies but there isn't enough to go around us all so fir many the longevity is the biggest Success

Seems very bitter about the central league, maybe the fact that most of the top teams from safl left and went there. Safl bit of a sinking ship now. Looking at top league there is hardly any decent teams in if now. If Oban were to get accepted into another league they would be out of there asap, leaving them no top names left.

Have Oban applied for other leagues?

Gartcosh made a decision to move leagues, in their mind to improve the club. They volunteer and work hard to run a club, which isn't easy, best of luck to them in their new venture. I'm sure some central teams will be happy turning up to play on the surface at gartcosh,  going by reports.

45 minutes ago, Thepublicparkpele said:

Gartcosh made a decision to move leagues, in their mind to improve the club. They volunteer and work hard to run a club, which isn't easy, best of luck to them in their new venture. I'm sure some central teams will be happy turning up to play on the surface at gartcosh,  going by reports.

Another good addition to the central league. The clubs will enjoy playing on the Gartcosh park.

The committee at Gartcosh have work extremely hard to upgrade their park and ensure their facilities remain up there with the best around. This has not always been the case. In the early years the park was OK in the summer and very heavy in the winter. The committee have worked hard raising funds and have loyal sponsors who support the club year on year. The funds allocated on buses etc to play the Argyle teams over the years have been redirected and used towards upgrading their park.

Year on year they do more work maintaining and enhancing its surface and drainage. The chat many years back was a new park was to be built and relocated outside the social club. Not sure if this is still the case.. Everyone I have spoken to around the club are aware they have not progressed on the park over the years as they hoped. Typical of the committee at The club, moving into the so called top league of amateur football. This is what it about for Gartcosh and always has been, challenging the club and striving to improve the team to its full potential.

Their journey continues.

Hope it works out lads.

2 hours ago, Thepublicparkpele said:

22 minutes ago, thefatgoalie said:

Out of interest, how much does it cost for a bus to oban and campbeltown? Interested as mentioned above its money that have been put to upgrading the pitch.

I think at that time the charge was around £300-£350 per trip.

£600-£700 saving a season diverted to the park fund. 

if you had away days in Scottish or west it was a costly season. 

Archived