Looking for club to train with

LeeKRR1878

I'm looking for a 21s or amateur club to train with to help with my fitness levels and to eventually play with.

I'm 21 next month and haven't played since 2013 due to starting a new job.

My best position is defence preferably central or right hand side.

Played for Rosebank, East Dunbartonshire and Harestanes 21s.

Based in Kirkintilloch but willing to travel reasonable distance

Hoping someone can help me out

Cheers

I am one of the coaches at Gartcosh Utd; we play in the Caledonian league. Train twice a week Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday at st ambrose high 7pm to 9pm. Thursday 8pm to 9pm. The head coach/manager has coached at senior level and is first class.  Do you want to come along and train with us you can see how you get on 

I am one of the coaches at Gartcosh Utd; we play in the Caledonian league. Train twice a week Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday at st ambrose high 7pm to 9pm. Thursday 8pm to 9pm. The head coach/manager has coached at senior level and is first class.  Do you want to come along and train with us you can see how you get on 

Thanks for the offer mate. Is St Ambrose in Coatbridge?

4 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Their pitch is also superb. The best I've seen in amateur football and will be a great addition to the Central league next season.

Agree to an extent. Their set up is to a high standard and from what I've heard the coaches are also top notch. The team however are regularly in the bottom half of the cally league. Don't see what moving to the central would bring them. Maybe just a shake up the committee think is needed who knows but all the best.

Appreciate the comments in regards to set up park etc guys much appreciated .on the question of us moving to the Central you have hit the nail on the head Disco , we as a club being founder members of the central feel the time is right for us to move on and accept all the challenges that the central league will bring us , but we feel we have the right structure in place within the club to go and be a asset to the central in the seasons to come , and like every other club in the central our ambition is to ultimately play in the top division in the country which we know will be a extremely difficult task and take a huge effort in the coming seasons but one we as a club look forward to .

Agree to an extent. Their set up is to a high standard and from what I've heard the coaches are also top notch. The team however are regularly in the bottom half of the cally league. Don't see what moving to the central would bring them. Maybe just a shake up the committee think is needed who knows but all the best.

I'm saying their surface is a great addition to the league, not the team. The team are poor.

I feel poor is a bit harsh. I have watched Gartcosh over the last few seasons. On their day they can match any amateur teams. Had not a bad run in the Scottish a couple a season ago.  Beating Shortlees on their patch and should have beaten Broomhouse at Gartcosh in the quarters didn't take their chances and losing 1-0 in replay. The club have all the tools to be up challenging with the best, great park and a hard working committee behind the club. The move into the central was a surprise as no chat coming out of the club indicated this was their intention. The new management are building and the thinking could be they might be able to attract a better quality of player in the central. Hope this brave decision to switch  proves to be the correct one only time will tell.

In my view a Sleeping giant. All the best to all involved. 

Thanks for the offer lads,

I've been asked to go along to Ashfield under 21s. Personally I feel that would be a better move at the minute for me having not played for 3 years and I think going to my age group will benefit me more just now to build fitness and confidence again.

Again thanks for the offer and all the best for the season boys!

Gartcosh Utd as a club have a fantastic set up and the committee if the same as a few years ago have done well building the club since it was reformed again, a good few years ago,however I feel its a very dangerous decision to move leagues and the reason mentioned by nutsnbolts first post are 90% of the reasons the club gave the SAFL when they moved to the cally a few years ago,but failed to reach the heights in the nationals/district as they did in the SAFL so proved a wrong decision in my opinion.

A new management comes in and he claims it best to change leagues to get in better players, yes he will but the players do not stick around long enough, [Postal Utd and Haldane Utd tried the same and look what happened to them ]

Gartcosh Utd were originally started by the head notch of their new League and his ex best buddy so no surprise they are moving back to it.

Its a bitter blow to the Caledonian League who have tried in recent seasons to copy the set up of their rival League

good luck to Gartcosh Utd.

sorry to hijack your Topic LeeKRR1878 and glad you found a club

56 minutes ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Gartcosh Utd as a club have a fantastic set up and the committee if the same as a few years ago have done well building the club since it was reformed again, a good few years ago,however I feel its a very dangerous decision to move leagues and the reason mentioned by nutsnbolts first post are 90% of the reasons the club gave the SAFL when they moved to the cally a few years ago,but failed to reach the heights in the nationals/district as they did in the SAFL so proved a wrong decision in my opinion.

A new management comes in and he claims it best to change leagues to get in better players, yes he will but the players do not stick around long enough, [Postal Utd and Haldane Utd tried the same and look what happened to them ]

Gartcosh Utd were originally started by the head notch of their new League and his ex best buddy so no surprise they are moving back to it.

Its a bitter blow to the Caledonian League who have tried in recent seasons to copy the set up of their rival League

good luck to Gartcosh Utd.

sorry to hijack your Topic LeeKRR1878 and glad you found a club

Is there any time or situation where you think clubs should move to the Central Scottish Auld Yin. Seems you don't like that league very much. Think it may be into double figures worth of posts I've seen you speaking on clubs moving there, and never in a positive light.

It's still the same committee from the previous years. 

Just for clarity auld yin wae knowledge 

I didn't state they moved leagues at the managers request. Knowing the Gartcosh chairman and committee they would not have taken this decision lightly and defenetly not on the request of a manager. Having spoken to a committee member regarding their decision, they have been thinking about the move for a few seasons and thoughts are the timing is right to embrace a new challenge. I'm sure they are aware it could be detrimental to the club if it doesn't work out. Staying in the current league could have the same outcome. As far as I see everything else is in place at Gartcosh. Their Grass park would rival any top professional teams playing in Scotland.

Hope it works out for them as the committee have worked hard to get the facilities to a very high standard. 

Glad to see the young lad get a team. 

Is there any time or situation where you think clubs should move to the Central Scottish Auld Yin. Seems you don't like that league very much. Think it may be into double figures worth of posts I've seen you speaking on clubs moving there, and never in a positive light.

Seems very bitter about the central league, maybe the fact that most of the top teams from safl left and went there. Safl bit of a sinking ship now. Looking at top league there is hardly any decent teams in if now. If Oban were to get accepted into another league they would be out of there asap, leaving them no top names left.

Think Auld Yin is clearly Robert Bowman was league sec of SAFL. Been spouting his negative comments about CSAFL on here and the old Amateur forum for years. Never uses Ghsfp in his examples of ex SAFL teams funnily enough. Has a problem with George Dingwall, very bitter Auld man.

No wonder the boy has went under 21s, he comes on and asks about support with training facilities, he gets a great offer from Gartcosh then it's turns into the usual slagging and tit fir tat nonsense. 

Good luck with getting back involved in football again, hopefully won't be to long til your playing again 

Thanks guys!

I just feel 21s would be a more sensible move for myself at the minute to build up confidence, fitness and game time. I'll have another year left of 21s after this one so I'll see where it takes me.

Good luck to Gartcosh for the future though! I've heard a lot of good things about the club from guys I've spoke to involved in the amateur game!

Archived