Football Shirts

My absolute favourite international football top that isn't a Scotland one is West Germany 1990. An absolute classic that I don't think will ever be beaten in terms of its simplicity and colour scheme.

I agree about the 90s kits being odd, very few for me have stood the test of time. I once spoke to Ross Mathie about some of the odder Scotland designs for the strips and the training gear. His reply to my question of why were they so odd was just two words - beach holidays. The idea obviously was that by wearing them on your holidays you'd stand out and get the brand noticed more - looking back I'm not so sure it was such a good shout.

15 hours ago, JamesC said:

This is the picture of Barcelona jersey from my friend,quite special.

Barcal.jpg

Why was your friend too lazy to take the colour out of the As in Qatar, as well as the A and R in Airways (the R has actually gone missing)?

Tell him to fix it please. Unless this is what makes it special.

Edited by LiviLion

12 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

My absolute favourite international football top that isn't a Scotland one is West Germany 1990. An absolute classic that I don't think will ever be beaten in terms of its simplicity and colour scheme.

I agree about the 90s kits being odd, very few for me have stood the test of time. I once spoke to Ross Mathie about some of the odder Scotland designs for the strips and the training gear. His reply to my question of why were they so odd was just two words - beach holidays. The idea obviously was that by wearing them on your holidays you'd stand out and get the brand noticed more - looking back I'm not so sure it was such a good shout.

That would explain a few teams having camouflage kits.

I went through a phase of buying random shirts in the 90's. Looking at them now I can't decide if some of them are works or art or utterly horrific. A few examples:
gallery_3_15_89315.jpg
airdrieonians-f.c.-cfs3675767727-300x300x1.jpg
1277571655f8b8674ab8fa928e68e50d.jpg

My mate was like that. Had those tops too if I remember right. You're not from Fife are you....?

1 hour ago, SpiderDee said:

My mate was like that. Had those tops too if I remember right. You're not from Fife are you....?

Aye, good memory skills mate!  Thought I'd seen a BNB called Spider around here somewhere... You joining us in the Championship forum next season?

Aye, good memory skills mate!  Thought I'd seen a BNB called Spider around here somewhere... You joining us in the Championship forum next season?

Ha ha the way we're playing I wouldn't bet against it ! I don't think my ticker could take a playoff against you lot!

3 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

Ha ha the way we're playing I wouldn't bet against it ! I don't think my ticker could take a playoff against you lot!

Same, there was an inevitability about it last time but a playoff would be torture. Not to worry, it'll take a small miracle for us to get there in the first place.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...