Football Shirts

Anybody used these guys before:

https://world-retro.com/

I've made enquiries re a Rovers top and have been getting quite quick replies as they can apparently re-produce any top from scratch. Seem quite active on Twitter as well which is a bonus. Suppose I'm just not wanting stung like I did with Dunnottar Retro but tempted to give them a try.

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2021 at 09:26, Raithie said:

Well I'm hitting over 7 weeks since ordering from Dunnottar and after umpteen requests via their online contact form for an update and getting no replies I've decided to put a claim through via my credit card company for a refund. Their website also offers contact via Twitter but the Twitter account appears to be suspended. Notice there's a review up on Trustpilot of someone with similar issues (albeit he received his order) but no replies when seeking a refund. 

I've just done the same (raised a claim via the credit card co.) would advise everyone to avoid this mob.

Did a search on twitter, an long list of folk complaining orders hadn't arrived, wish I'd done that before ordering anything

20 hours ago, prov said:

I've just done the same (raised a claim via the credit card co.) would advise everyone to avoid this mob.

Did a search on twitter, an long list of folk complaining orders hadn't arrived, wish I'd done that before ordering anything

I was on Facebook marketplace the other day, and there were numerous ads for dunnotar,  all with different "sellers" on each advert...

Anyway, picked up this from a charity shop the other day. Not a "fleet" fan, but If see a random top I'll buy it..

20211212_194238.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2021 at 17:08, Lyle Lanley said:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2020-21-scotland-home-shirt-bnib-854232.html

Charging £69.99 for this when you could have got it in JD's for £20 in the sale a few weeks back :lol: 

General consensus is that they bought most of the stock from JD as they are the only official supplier.

• 5 weeks later...
On 29/10/2021 at 21:12, Raithie said:

Anybody used these guys before:

https://world-retro.com/

I've made enquiries re a Rovers top and have been getting quite quick replies as they can apparently re-produce any top from scratch. Seem quite active on Twitter as well which is a bonus. Suppose I'm just not wanting stung like I did with Dunnottar Retro but tempted to give them a try.

Would absolutely highly recommend World Retro. My top arrived last week and the quality and attention to reproduction detail is superb. Fast replies to emails as well. Any top from any era and they will reproduce it. They'll even send a picture of the design to ensure it's what you're looking for and if not they'll tweak it until it's what you want. £35, no postage costs either. Does take a bit of time to arrive though.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Would absolutely highly recommend World Retro. My top arrived last week and the quality and attention to reproduction detail is superb. Fast replies to emails as well. Any top from any era and they will reproduce it. They'll even send a picture of the design to ensure it's what you're looking for and if not they'll tweak it until it's what you want. £35, no postage costs either. Does take a bit of time to arrive though.

Do they come with manufacturers branding and sponsor? Also, are the club crest other add-one etc embroidered/heat pressed as per the original? 

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Do they come with manufacturers branding and sponsor? Also, are the club crest other add-one etc embroidered/heat pressed as per the original? 

They can add sponser but they're unable to add the kit manufacture. The crest is of same material as the top if that makes sense so not embroidered or heat pressed. Certainly the badge on my top is exactly as per the badge from that era in terms of design. Material is also like todays modern football tops and not thick cotton so quite lightweight. Understandably a few things folk might not be happy with when looking for a classic top but for me I was over the moon with it. Delivery is quoted as 4 weeks however I ordered mines just before Christmas and their production factory was closed over the festive period so took a bit longer to arrive. 

• 1 month later...
Anybody purchased shirts from this site?https://dpretro.com
The website has some cracking shirts I haven’t seen on some of the better known reproduction sites.
They claim to manufacture reproductions and appear to have licensing for adidas, umbro and a wide range of sponsors.  

They're or licensed imo and have changed company name a few times. I got a 1986 Russia "CCCP" shirt a couple of years back, it was not terrible and took about 6 weeks to arrive [emoji23] Also tried to order a 1981 Scotland away which never turned up, got refunded by PayPal, be we went near them again.

59 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

They're or licensed imo and have changed company name a few times. I got a 1986 Russia "CCCP" shirt a couple of years back, it was not terrible and took about 6 weeks to arrive emoji23.png Also tried to order a 1981 Scotland away which never turned up, got refunded by PayPal, be we went near them again.

Likewise :lol:.

4 hours ago, Luddite said:

Anybody purchased shirts from this site?https://dpretro.com

The website has some cracking shirts I haven’t seen on some of the better known reproduction sites.

They claim to manufacture reproductions and appear to have licensing for adidas, umbro and a wide range of sponsors.  

Ordered a few Hibs shirts off there in the past and always got them a few weeks later. Good remakes.  Always use paypal for these things and always go a size up. 

23 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

They're or licensed imo and have changed company name a few times. I got a 1986 Russia "CCCP" shirt a couple of years back, it was not terrible and took about 6 weeks to arrive emoji23.png Also tried to order a 1981 Scotland away which never turned up, got refunded by PayPal, be we went near them again.

22 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Likewise :lol:.

Ordered a few Hibs shirts off there in the past and always got them a few weeks later. Good remakes.  Always use paypal for these things and always go a size up. 

Cheers lads. Appreciate the info 👍

• 2 weeks later...