Football Shirts

37 minutes ago, erwinnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Can anyone explain why the new swansea and CSKA mosow shirt on classicfootballshirts has no sponsor on it? Does it mean its a fake shirt?

No. Some clubs sell sponsorless replicas. CFS don’t do fakes.

29 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Secret shirt . Com is pretty cool 

You send the 35 quid they send you a random shirt from all over the world. U just state what you don't want .I'm Currently sitting in a grasshoppers Zurich shirt .

https://www.mysteryfootball.co.uk works in much the same way. 

55 minutes ago, erwinnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Ah okey! Thanks bro, no idea that was a thing :) Shirts looks so much better without sponsors for like 99% of the time so its awesome

I agree. Sponsorless shirts are the way to go if your team does them.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

No. Some clubs sell sponsorless replicas. CFS don’t do fakes.

https://www.mysteryfootball.co.uk works in much the same way. 

Won a mystery shirt box last summer on Twitter and got a Bayern home shirt from 2000/01. Wouldn't buy one though. 

I picked up a Barca shirt from 2000-odd in a charity shop a few years ago for a few quid....got it home and realised there was what I thought was a mark on the front.

Rivaldo autograph.

No idea if it's legit or not...I suspect it is, as it wasn't like there was any attempt to increase the value by adding a hooky signature.

To the guy with the rivaldo autograph GG man! That would be awesome haha!

With the mystery shirts; im not sure i like the concept as i have a distuingished taste in what shirt i like and which i dont haha. But the Grasshoppers one looks good!! Def a W.

Theyre taking the piss because of the price? For the scotland shirt? I found a scotland shirt on my own countrys marketplace too. But i think its already gone as it was from early april and the guy doesnt respond to me haha.

For me, i am planning to buy the Zimbabwe away shirt from classic football shirt which is on discount, together with traning pants from ivory coast. And i will wait for tomorrow to see what they put in the weekly sale.

On my own countrys marketplace i found a Man utd 3rd shirt from Cantona. The Yellow/green one from 92-94 which also is on classicfootballshirt.co.uk. The price over there is 300 pound!!!

Im not sure the one i found is 100% real (how can you tell?) It does look exactly the same as the one advartised on classicfootball though, with the red umbro official licensed thingy; the print within the shirt; the colors; the collar;the umbro mark in the neck; the Cantona letters on the back;  the Man U logo; everything looks 100% the same. The guy who is selling has good reviews on the market place, and doesnt particulary only sells football shirt (this one is the only one), he sells other stuff which are non related to football. He said he bought the shirt on a big 2nd hand market a long time ago. How is it possible to tell wether the shirt is real? And what would be the value? Surely 300 pound like it says on classic football is way too much? anyway; i bought it for 35 euro in good faith he will send it tomorrow haha.

Edited by erwinnnnnnnnnnnn

Ok, quick question! I did a bit of research and apparently the best way to find if a shirt is fake or not is google the production code? So i got my Zambia away shirt i got from classicfootball to search for a code as classic football doesnt do fakes right? But sadly i removed the tags 2min after i got the shirt haha but i cant find a production code anywhere? The only thing that is printed in the shirt is "size L"  and CU in the neck printed within the shirt, no washing tag or anything else anywhere. So also legit shirts can come without a production code? This shirt thing is much harder then i thought lol. Tbf the CU logo on the chest still has a white template thing on the inside of the shirt. Honoustly if it didnt came from classicfootball i would 100% its fake with no washing tag/ producino code or any other tag anywhere else and a weird white plate thingy inside the shirt on the CU logo. Almost looks like they forgot to remove it after stitching up the CU Logo

Edited by erwinnnnnnnnnnnn

Classicfootballshirts's prices went mental about 2 years ago for retro stuff. Bought some Scotland surplus shorts and training gear, as well as a Genoa fleece and 2002 player issue AC Milan training shorts and bottoms a while ago for very little. I bought a few old 90s Celtic shirts on ebay about 5 years ago before the retro boom for next to nothing. One of the shirts i bought for around £30 now goes for around about £200.

I do think the retro and CFS bubble will burst shortly with the DHgate efforts getting better and better. Just had a few DHgAte 90s Scotland shirts delivered and they're not far off being bang on. Much better than the score draw/toffs versions without the sponsors and manufacturer logos. 

Edited by Fratelli