Falkirk v Dunfermline

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the falkirk fear ballet troupe be  allowed out to put on a comedy display for us? ROFPMSL. Sadly oor lads don't dance so well, so they'll likely just dish out boxing lessons in return for the comedy act. 

As for the game? This won't be an easy one by any stretch of the imagination. Yesterday we showed the dig and determination we've not really seen from a Pars team for a while. Over the last ten games we have improved greatly, but the biggest jump in performance was in the game yesterday (IMO). 

According to a my FFC supporting neeburs, their only serious attacking threat comes through Hippolyte. Oor Big Nat will look after him the first chance he gets though, and like I said, that came from FFC fans themselves. 

Both teams are capable of winning this one though. Pars were soaking up pressure for the last 10 mins or so against Utd yesterday, and kept them out. This shows a marked improvement in defence (I must say I'd still like to see a dedicated RB instead of Geggs) 

both teams are also capable of losing goals too though, but it took a fantastic strike to beat Murdoch yesterday. If Murdoch is as good as he was yesterday then we won't have much to fear either on or off the pitch. 

Used to really look forward to these but it's just another game now.

Dunfermline are on a decent run of form so can only see a close game. We can't be any worse than we were on Boxing Day so hopeful that we'll have enough to edge it.

I suppose a draw was quite a big thing for the pars against us considering their recent record of 6 defeats and 2 draws in the last 8 fixtures.

It's Falkirks biggest derby game when they're not trying to manufacture one with Hibs, nae shocks.
Announcer to play duelling banjos again please. Most amusing.

Top banta.

I missed the games in Paisley and Greenock so am looking forward to this one even more than usual

Rogers

Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy

Aird Kerr Sibbald Hippolyte

BSLM McHugh 

Hopefully see O'Hara making an appearance at some point

How has Aird been doing so far?

Crowd 6,991

51 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Yes, quite.

51 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Yes, quite.

Lol, you guys seriously can't work out what I meant with that? Christ you falkirk lot are thicker than I could ever have imagined. 

Go and ask yer mummy or sister to help you :lol: 

lets ta see how many children feel the need to point out my latest error now

I think Baird has needed dropped for most of the season, and generally like Bobs work, but how can you drop him after scoring two away from home? No way that's happening nor should it. Has to be given the opportunity to build some momentum. Plus he ran Dunfermline ragged at TFS last time.

Agree with this. Unfortunately for McShug I think his best impact is when he comes on for us as an impact sub. Doesn't seem to have the same effect when starting the game.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Agree with this. Unfortunately for McShug I think his best impact is when he comes on for us as an impact sub. Doesn't seem to have the same effect when starting the game.

Difficult to say to a certain extent mind you as he hasn't really been given a decent run in the team this season. He seems to start for one game and then he's back on the bench again. He was probably due a decent run in the side over the last few weeks when Baird was struggling but as Bairnardo says you can't drop Baird after yesterday.

I missed the games in Paisley and Greenock so am looking forward to this one even more than usual

Rogers

Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy

Aird Kerr Sibbald Hippolyte

BSLM McHugh 

Hopefully see O'Hara making an appearance at some point
How has Aird been doing so far?
Crowd 6,991

I like this side but think baird has earned the right to start over mchugh with his brace on saturday

Archived