Falkirk v Dunfermline

I'm sorry to hear of FFC fan, Stevie's passing.

Anyone who is passionate about their local football club is legend in my book, and this lad fits the bill. 

I'm more than sure all Pars fans will respect the applause in memory of Stevie, and will join Falkirk fans in showing their respects.  

R.I.P Stevie. 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great we eventually get a right sided midfielder and we cannae feckin play him. Big game too. I fancied us to win by a few before that news . Hopefully Taiwo will fill in as he's better than that donkey craigen.  My other concern is the middle of the park. If Mckee  can't tackle then pairing him with Sibbs could be a recipe for disaster as he can't either. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Taiwo injured.
McKee.
The laddies dad just died ffs.

I know and he's every right to go home to his family just now However, it still leaves us with a big hole to fill that's been causing us problems all season. Feckin auto spell is a pain in the bloody arse. Keeps putting Mckenna in for Mckee. 

I'd be tempted to play Kerr and mckee. Stick sibbs on the left and hippo on the right. Saves us having to play kidd or Craigen. 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

hopefully we'll put in the same type of performance as we did the last time at home v them, should've won more comfortably than we did. they've obviously improved, going by results and the game at east end. any team can beat any other in this league (although it takes st mirren to have a good day and everyone else to have a bad one for them to win. lol) but I think we can edge this one.

I've got to say it but this game isn't a derby, it's a big game, one of the biggest of the season when we play them but it's not a derby! our derby is the shire, less exciting but it is! they aren't even our main rivals, look at our crowd v ayr at home, was impressive and bigger than normal because celtic and rangers weren't playing that weekend. they are the 2 teams that suck potential fans out of our town and have done for years, they're the teams we should want to beat. if I had to pick a win over Dunfermline or a win over rangers/celtic then it'd be gubbing the Glasgow teams every time. forget all this kid on f*** fife stuff on social media f*** the old firm. saying that and in the interest of fairness, get it right up them today, COYB 

Totally disagree...I'm in my late forties & the enduring footballing enemy has always been Dunfermline ...the atmosphere at Super Tuesday at brockville or the Boxing Day game at EEP (even though we got gubbed by a team full of smiths) was tremendous..anyone who regularly followed Falkirk during the 80s & 90s would surely see Dunfermline as our biggest rivals..& the close proximity of the two towns makes it a derby for me

Hoping for a good game. Would take a point if it was offered now, but obviously hoping for a win. We have a team capable of causing problems to any defence, but a defence that's capable of gifting away chances. You never know what to expect at the moment. Falkirk are a very good side, and blew us away in the earlier game at TFS - the score line flattered us. Even the Boxing Day game, we had a lot of the ball in dangerous areas, but needed a penalty to draw level.

Think Higginbotham will be well up for this today. On his day, he's capable of winning us games on his own. Likewise, players like Sibbald have really impressed me for them, he just seems to pick up pockets of space from nowhere. Hippolyte is obviously another big threat - particularly if he's up against Geggan again!

Very sad to hear about the passing of this Falkirk fan. Particularly at such a young age. Will definitely be joining in the applause, and encourage those around me to do the same. Reading what many of the Falkirk fans on here are saying, it sounds like he was a very loyal and passionate fan. Without guys like him, our clubs are nothing. Falkirk fans were very respectful on Boxing Day, after the death of Margaret Ross. It's now our turn to put football aside for one minute, and show respect as well.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hoping for a good game. Would take a point if it was offered now, but obviously hoping for a win. We have a team capable of causing problems to any defence, but a defence that's capable of gifting away chances. You never know what to expect at the moment. Falkirk are a very good side, and blew us away in the earlier game at TFS - the score line flattered us. Even the Boxing Day game, we had a lot of the ball in dangerous areas, but needed a penalty to draw level.

Think Higginbotham will be well up for this today. On his day, he's capable of winning us games on his own. Likewise, players like Sibbald have really impressed me for them, he just seems to pick up pockets of space from nowhere. Hippolyte is obviously another big threat - particularly if he's up against Geggan again!

Very sad to hear about the passing of this Falkirk fan. Particularly at such a young age. Will definitely be joining in the applause, and encourage those around me to do the same. Reading what many of the Falkirk fans on here are saying, it sounds like he was a very loyal and passionate fan. Without guys like him, our clubs are nothing. Falkirk fans were very respectful on Boxing Day, after the death of Margaret Ross. It's now our turn to put football aside for one minute, and show respect as well.

Well said CalumPar. 

My heart goes out to Lynn and the weans at this terrible time. 39 years is far too young an age to go. Stevie as people have said was falkirk daft. In fact a lot of people would say he was just daft. I have a lot of great memories of 100s of away day trips with Stevie from ibrox to ceske budejovice and Forres to Chester le Street and I just hope the team today can put on a performance that Stevie would be proud of. Coyb rip Stevie my old m8.

This could be the day to go 3-5-2 if there's no Aird, Kerr or Taiwo. Not sure how I'd feel with such an attacking central midfield. We could go with

Rogers

Muirhead Grant Watson

Kidd Hippo McKee Sibbald Leahy

BigHandsome Baird

My questions there would be over how fit McKee is going to be after jobbing around in the Carlisle reserves for 6 months and Kidd's lack of pace.

Houston will stick with 4-4-2 I'm sure and waste a place on the right with Shepherd or Craigen.

I would take a point today, more onus on Dunfermline to try and win with us having a decent cushion in fourth at the moment and them being in such great form.

16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Aird will be a loss but can't be helped.

Sheppard to start and be hooked after 56 mins to be replacd by Craigen.

The pars fullbacks are really slow. I'd give O’hara a run at them out wide.  He's got the pace to trouble them and couldn't be any worse than that pair.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The pars fullbacks are really slow. I'd give O’hara a run at them out wide.  He's got the pace to trouble them and couldn't be any worse than that pair.

Indeed, but he got sent off for violent conduct during the week, and I'm pretty sure that's an immediate 2 game ban?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Respect to you sir.

Archived