Falkirk v Dunfermline

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

The folk sitting behind me at the game were slaughtering Hippolyte from the first minute to the last even though he's probably been our best player this season.

It's funny when a player gets on your wrong side sometimes and nothing they do can sort it. I remember being perma raging at Darren Dods even though he was a fairly decent player for us.

Craigen was decent yesterday but has been poor overall, some more performances like that and a bit more of a presence on the wing and he'll win folk over.

I thought hippo had a pretty decent game. Lovely chipped pass to Leahy in the first half and a number of decent crosses into the box in the second. Possibly should've done a bit better with his chance in the first half but constantly got behind geggan and virtually all our chances from open play came from that left side.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought hippo had a pretty decent game. Lovely chipped pass to Leahy in the first half and a number of decent crosses into the box in the second. Possibly should've done a bit better with his chance in the first half but constantly got behind geggan and virtually all our chances from open play came from that left side.

Virtually all of the goals we've lost this season have come from this side. We don't need a right back though according to AJ.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Virtually all of the goals we've lost this season have come from this side. We don't need a right back though according to AJ.

Strange one as geggan never a right back. Also can't understand why he's got higginbottom stuck out on the wing. We tried him there but he was poor. Far better as a number 10 and it was playing him in that position that got us 175k for him.

I don't think AJ has what it takes to get up to your level consistently.

At league one we just outspent everyone else and were very lucky that Faissal suddenly became a regular scorer overnight. 

He showed too much faith in some of those players and signed up several league one standard players. We have had to rebuild the entire defence and midfield as a result but he is still making basic tactical errors and team selection in almost every game.

We have been doing better recently but yesterday was a massive reality check. I don't think it was just a bad day at the office. We don't have any players in the class of Sibbald and your defence looks much more composed and organised.

I really don't see what he must see. We signed up players even after them being on the bench in league one and trying them out after we won the league. 

In the last game at TFS we got completely overrun in midfield and exposed down the right side. Exactly the same yesterday. That's not really acceptable given the budget and full time training we have. He rarely changes anything in games and yesterday was an exception of bringing on subs. He doesn't even do that usually. Problem was it made us worse. Everyone in the stands could see Geggan was out of his depth after five mins yet he leaves Martin on the bench instead of at least trying something to stop it.

An off day and our first defeat in months. So many Pars fans on social media wanting to hit the panic button.

Nothing to worry about. Except how Hippolyte can hang onto Wedderburn like a limpet for half the length of the pitch and not concede a free kick. That boys got skills.

Didn't look like the second goal crossed the line at the first attempt either in the highlights, not that it mattered as the follow up burst the net.

Disappointed but not distraught.

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I don't think AJ has what it takes to get up to your level consistently.

At league one we just outspent everyone else and were very lucky that Faissal suddenly became a regular scorer overnight. 

He showed too much faith in some of those players and signed up several league one standard players. We have had to rebuild the entire defence and midfield as a result but he is still making basic tactical errors and team selection in almost every game.

We have been doing better recently but yesterday was a massive reality check. I don't think it was just a bad day at the office. We don't have any players in the class of Sibbald and your defence looks much more composed and organised.

I really don't see what he must see. We signed up players even after them being on the bench in league one and trying them out after we won the league. 

In the last game at TFS we got completely overrun in midfield and exposed down the right side. Exactly the same yesterday. That's not really acceptable given the budget and full time training we have. He rarely changes anything in games and yesterday was an exception of bringing on subs. He doesn't even do that usually. Problem was it made us worse. Everyone in the stands could see Geggan was out of his depth after five mins yet he leaves Martin on the bench instead of at least trying something to stop it.

Genuinely sounds like you've been waiting for us to lose for weeks so you could bump your gums about it.

We played poorly and lost,we hadn't lost for about 2 months before that, settle down.

Wasn't decent enough IMO. Don't really think he's a luxury we can afford. 2 decent performances all season just isn't good enough.

Rankin contributed about the same and folk were happy to see him gone. What's gives with the Craigen love in? By far the worst player in navy yesterday.

I have not seen one post that says he is brilliant merely that he had a decent game yesterday.

Praise where it is due along with criticism when it's due. I think we all suspect he could be stinking if he plays next week. But he had a decent game yesterday and that it is fair to recognise that.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 04:10, Shadwell Dog said:

His deadballs were good but we can't afford to carry a passenger just to take free kicks.  Hopefully he's back to warming the bench next week.

If you were in the main stand then you were defo the guy behind me, never heard more hatred for a player in my life.

11 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Except how Hippolyte can hang onto Wedderburn like a limpet for half the length of the pitch and not concede a free kick. That boys got skills.

He sure has, and the fat bloke kens it. As soon as Hippo goes near him, he does an impersonation of the French army.

"My hands are up!   I Surrender!!!"

#kenswhenhesbeat

Myles Hippolyte (2).jpg

Archived