Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone - 1/2/17

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Simple really. The wing backs and the wingers were really shit tonight. The whole team was slow as a tractor in first gear.

What absolute shitfesting from St Johnstone. TEN MINUTES of trying to run the ball into the corner. An effective way at winning 3 points, maybe, but or something people should be paying money to watch.

download (4).jpg

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple really. The wing backs and the wingers were really shit tonight. The whole team was slow as a tractor in first gear.
What absolute shitfesting from St Johnstone. TEN MINUTES of trying to run the ball into the corner. An effective way at winning 3 points, maybe, but or something people should be paying money to watch.

I'd fucking happily pay to watch utter dross every week if we had the success St Johnstone have had tbh.

7 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Fuckin boo, hoo :thumsup2

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hopefully we shitfest the final 45 and win 1-0, purely so the "would rather be relegated playing pretty football than win games playing that way" Partick brigade re-emerge

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Aye. ^_^

I don't think we're in any position to criticise teams for the way they play their way to three points. We've been experts at failing to hold onto leads and giving away cheap, late goals. I'd happily watch our players competently shitfest their way to a win each week.

The majority of games I've been to this season have been turgid beyond belief and we're as much to blame as any opposition, thanks to our lack of cutting edge up front. 

I'm just greatful to have missed another dreadful home performance tonight. I don't think I've fully recovered from the horrors of the Kilmarnock game on Hogmanay if I'm honest.

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

B973BOg.gif

Not much to add to the tears and snotters already but thought it was a definite penalty when possibly Swanson got booked for diving.

The subs tonight were laughable. Osman on when 1-0 down and as much as a few on here can try and pretend he's decent Azeez is fucking garbage.

Christ, that was awful. Elliott was dreadful, his (deserved) sending off was the only way the game could've got worse for him. Only pass marks for me were Keown, and maybe Edwards and Barton at a push. Booth and Lawless were piss poor which is probably why we kept playing everything down the right in the second half. Thought Archie's subs were pretty baffling as well. Taking the Doolan off, when we were chasing the game, was very strange. Osman also isn't the type of player to change a game either. Looking forward to seeing Dumbuya back on Saturday. Worth the journey up alone imo.

Easy to criticise the way St. Johnstone play, but f**k me, it's effective. I would quite happily pay to watch us play like that every week to see us in their position. Must be absolutely brutal to play against as well. 

That was horrendous. We played alright the first half then the second half was just the pits between the timewasting and the absolute rubbish served up when the ball was in play. 

I'm glad Elliott got sent off, fed up of every single time he has the ball it hit the first defender's ankle. Changing my mind quickly about Lawless too, just don't think he has it. Several other players had pretty rubbish games.

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not much to add to the tears and snotters already but thought it was a definite penalty when possibly Swanson got booked for diving.

The subs tonight were laughable. Osman on when 1-0 down and as much as a few on here can try and pretend he's decent Azeez is fucking garbage.

I've had enough of Azeez, hes had ample opportunities to prove himself and not only has he missed a ton of easy chances he is hiding a lot of the time when hes on the park. 

I remember when we never used to time waste, or block players off, or give professional fouls. It was before we had the recent European ties against streetwise fuckers.

We've come a long way since those days. You boys should lobby the Authorities to bring back the Intertoto cup.

11 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I don't think we're in any position to criticise teams for the way they play their way to three points. We've been experts at failing to hold onto leads and giving away cheap, late goals. I'd happily watch our players competently shitfest their way to a win each week.

It wasn't a criticism of St Johnstone, rather an observation that it's not entertaining and defeats the purpose of professional football. I've criticised us for doing the corner thing before. There are other, just as effective, ways to close out games that don't involve 4-5ths of the stadium being completely unable to see the ball for almost 10 minutes.

I don't blame them for doing it; unlike us they don't f**k it up. It's not what's I pay to watch though.

Suddenly the emphasis on the 4 clean sheets in a row is gone and it's now 3 league games without a goal including games against ICT and Killie. Elliott was garbage, I know he's a right back rather than a winger now but seeing him cut back in every single time rather than take the full back on the outside was soul destroying, just hope Dumbuya is fit enough to last 90 minutes.

Wasn't on the "Amoo might be decent up front" train before the game and certainly not now, he has the positional sense of a toddler, when he paired with Azeez the St Johnstone defence just sat deep to nullify their pace and we had nothing. Not that Doolan was much better. Didn't help that Lawless and Erskine were absolute muck and Edwards after a good first half faded.

Aberdeen and Hearts in 2 of the next 3 league games, probably looking down rather than up again.

Archived